Quantcast

Any Formula 1 Fans?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
That was exactly what the wife and I concluded. We were looking at Monza. When not at the race, you aren't also still in Vegas. For cheaper.
word on the street is prices have tanked for the vegas race....

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
word on the street is prices have tanked for the vegas race....
A ton of folks have cancelled and rebooked at a cheaper rate, too. I've still never been to Vegas and I don't think now would be a good time. I might get there eventually.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
so was this the worst F1 race ever....
I thought it was a top 5 from this season. The practice and quali were a shit show, but the actual race was legit.

Max should have given the place back at the start, but he was gonna win anyway. :rofl:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Guy is still a tool.
The thing is he can straight drive. Even his sim team mates say he comes back from a GP weekend, sits down in his sim and 4 laps later he's P1 on a track they have been running all week. Newey has said he makes the car as fast as he can, then Max gets 110% out of it.

He might be an ass, but the dude can drive.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
The thing is he can straight drive. Even his sim team mates say he comes back from a GP weekend, sits down in his sim and 4 laps later he's P1 on a track they have been running all week. Newey has said he makes the car as fast as he can, then Max gets 110% out of it.

He might be an ass, but the dude can drive.
There is no doubt he can drive fast and win races. It’s all the rest… the stuff that really matters in the end. I wouldn’t want to go for a drink with him that’s for sure.

sundaydoug

Monkey
Jun 8, 2009
There is no doubt he can drive fast and win races. It’s all the rest… the stuff that really matters in the end. I wouldn’t want to go for a drink with him that’s for sure.
I used to think same way, but Max is growing on me. Yea he whines on the radio and can come off like a douche but the dude just wants to drive and win and doesn't seem to get carried away with the glamour and glitz of F1. He almost looks bored sitting in that car sometimes.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
You can see his finger donuts in this picture, that was a perfect donut set. He said he's been working on it. :rofl:

Screenshot_20231204-080336.png

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
That sucks. He helped set up the team. Netflix shares just dropped 40%.
Seriously, the issue is Gene Haas, not Gunther. They were given freedom to spend extra money to close the gap and spent none. He's spread too thin with all his motorsports bullshit and F1 isn't a priority.