Quantcast

Any Giant STP 2007 bike reviews ?????

edwinrdz

Monkey
May 30, 2006
hi
i dont really know if i should buy this bike...can anyone tell me something about it ???....like how does it ride...is it light ????....tell me something !!!!.....i put a pic from the bike.

thankss!!

Attachments

Fish777

Chimp
Aug 26, 2007
I have the SS version.

1st off it has nice geo and rides, manuals, & jumps great so nothing to complain about there. I really like mine.

I have however replaced the bars, stem, cranks, wheelset, & factory tensioner. The factory wheelset was pretty weak and the stock cranks were constantly coming loose. Not the biggest deal as the price for the complete was fairly affordable.

My biggest gripe is the lack of horizontal dropouts for SS. Tensioners are a pain IMO and my chosen cog/sprocket combo demands a half link chain. No matter what configuration I tried with the KMC 710sl chain with 2 half links and a tensioner I still had to file my Rennen tensioner to work. Previously I used the tank heavy Shadow half link chain with good results.

I assume you're buying used? Giant's warranty is great if you are the original owner. I am on my second frame now as the original broke on one of the seat stays. One week later I had a replacement so thumbs up Giant for that one.

All in all I really like the bike. Horizontal drops would make it perfect but its still a great bike.

edwinrdz

Monkey
May 30, 2006
yeah...im getting it for 500 like new...just converted to SS .... and some diff. pedals

IrOn_MaN

Chimp
Jul 8, 2008
Wisconsin
I have an stp ss 2007 and i like it a lot i out a bb7 on it and i am replacing the whole front end but other thatn it it rides great is extremely smooth.

Savage_Animal

Monkey
Feb 3, 2008
Norcal
my friend has one and I have spent a fair bit of time riding it. At the time i had my p2, Im not sure if i was just used to riding my p2, but it rode like **** compared to it.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
STPs aren't as steep Head angled and have a longer front centre than a P2.

I came from a very short steep frame to an STP (07 with pikes at 95mm) and it took me a little longer than I had expected to get used to it. although I chose the small, I had to switch to a 40mm stem for it to feel right, now that I have ridden it for over a year I find it's a way better all-rounder.