Quantcast

Anybody catch the Supercross last night?

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Damn, Dungey looked impressive as hell for being his first time racing with the big boys.

Poor Reed. That had to suck super bad.

James looked like he was out for a sunday stroll.

duck

Monkey
Apr 8, 2007
Cranbrook BC
Reed's front wheel got caught up with Strobel's(I think that's who it was) footpeg during the holeshot.

Very good race! I was hoping Villopoto would have done better but it was good to see Windham up on the podium.

I'm pretty stoked on Dungey, he's one to watch out for this year.

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I'm waving. Can you see me now?
Reed's front wheel got caught up with Strobel's(I think that's who it was) footpeg during the holeshot.

Very good race! I was hoping Villopoto would have done better but it was good to see Windham up on the podium.

I'm pretty stoked on Dungey, he's one to watch out for this year.
How does that happen?

Sooo his all the spokes were mangled up or did he just fall over?

duck

Monkey
Apr 8, 2007
Cranbrook BC
Reed was holding his line and Stroupe (not Strobel, silly me) came across, I guess he thought he was far enough ahead, and they ended up together. No one went down and Stroupe ended up crossing over and hitting Stewart aswell. I guess Reed lost some spokes and he left the track after the second corner.

Stroupe ended up crashing a few laps in and was pretty disoriented afterwards.

Edit, does anyone know why Reed crossed over to the Kawi team this year? I had thought he was pretty happy being backed by Suzuki.

Last edited:

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I actually work for Anaheim and I was there working. Not a bad gig to get paid to be at the event. Stewart had cruise control on until the last couple laps.

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
Reed was holding his line and Stroupe (not Strobel, silly me) came across, I guess he thought he was far enough ahead, and they ended up together. No one went down and Stroupe ended up crossing over and hitting Stewart aswell. I guess Reed lost some spokes and he left the track after the second corner.
I am pretty sure it happens at the 45 second mark when Reed goes to take out Stroupe after the close call at the start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9N-Vis1K8lY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9N-Vis1K8lY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

James was just messing with Dungey, he turned it on there on lap 16 and made up 4 seconds in a lap and half. It is good to see Dungey up there, at least it adds another name into the mix. I am not sure what happened to Villopoto it looked like he droped an anchor. I guess he just got tired. How about J-Law he quit after 6 laps in the main because he was tired. I guess being in jail for a handful of months will do that.

duck

Monkey
Apr 8, 2007
Cranbrook BC
That makes a lot more sense than when they came together at the start.

What did J-Law do to get himself in the tank? I've been out of the scene in the offseason, missed most of the outdoor series too.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
wow. All kinds of things happened yesterday. James got landed on. Came back and won the LZQ. James goes down in the final with Reed. James finishes and drops to 7th in points. Dungey killed it.

Anybody know what happened to Reed? He didn't even finish.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Reed broke the bone that's part of the pinky but actually in your hand. Already had surgery today, out for at least 6 weeks.

Chad didn't leave Suzuki, they had a 1 year deal and opted not to renew. He went to Kawi cuz it was his only good option. I don't think he's liking the bike as much as the Zuk which is probably the best factory bike.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Reed broke the bone that's part of the pinky but actually in your hand. Already had surgery today, out for at least 6 weeks.

Chad didn't leave Suzuki, they had a 1 year deal and opted not to renew. He went to Kawi cuz it was his only good option. I don't think he's liking the bike as much as the Zuk which is probably the best factory bike.
5th metacarpal.

duck

Monkey
Apr 8, 2007
Cranbrook BC
Ahh, I was wondering why he didn't finnish, his run in with James didn't look bad at all.

I hope Dungey continues the podium streak all season and it was nice to see Villopoto back up there.