Quantcast

Anybody doing the 24 hours of Old pueblo?

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I tried to rally a bunch of you up last year to do this race as a team but nobody did it. :( I did this race 2 years ago and have some friends going this year. It's pretty cool.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by Squeak
Its rolling I think. Not to many climbs?
There is some climbing but for the MOST part I guess it's windy desert singletrack. The profile shows the climbing at the end and that's how I remember it.

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
I'm doing it. I've got a team together for the 5-person co-ed class. Our team name is Numbnuts and Co. We are from southern CA, and we have never seen the course. I'm not worried about the climbing or the distance - typical rides here are 3000+ feet of climbing, and with five people, I'm thinking it won't be too tough. But what do I know...

Let me know if there are others that will be there.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by ghostrider
I'm doing it. I've got a team together for the 5-person co-ed class. Our team name is Numbnuts and Co. We are from southern CA, and we have never seen the course. I'm not worried about the climbing or the distance - typical rides here are 3000+ feet of climbing, and with five people, I'm thinking it won't be too tough. But what do I know...

Let me know if there are others that will be there.
Yes, if you're from SoCal you'll be fine. :thumb: Seriously though, it's a fun, fast course. They changed it a bit from when I did the race, but I think I turned a tad over 1 hour times.

junebug

Chimp
Feb 23, 2002
SoCal
This will be my 4th year for the old Pueblo. New singletrack added. a fast fun course with lot of CACTUS. We will be camped west of the start/finish area. look for a canadian flag

junebug

Chimp
Feb 23, 2002
SoCal
I'm riding a Marin. If you look at the website you will see that Todd has laid out a street map for the team parking area. I am a solo rider, so my camp area is just a few yards off of the race course for easy access. When are you arriving? I'm leaving Sunday. Yes, I know that's just a little early, but the camping is great. Do you know BikerBonnie from the SoCal site? She is doing a 2 person team.