Quantcast

Anybody Have a Helius FR Reveiw?

Guess?Who

Monkey
Nov 21, 2003
S.I.N.Y
OK, As you might know I'm really like'n the looks of the Nicolai Helius FR. I own a UFO now but it's been hurting my lower back on long rides. I guess because of the slack seat post stay, other then that I love whipping it around when I'm not seating. Do you think the Helius would be a better choice for me being I do more xc and trail riding as oppose DS and MX racing.
I also like the fact that it has an extra inch of travel for light DH. I wish I can just go to my LBS for a test ride. If I do get one I think I'll set it up with an 05 Firefly fork 4"-6" to match the rear. Anybody have any other good options? Thanks.

R

Rabie

Guess?Who said:
OK, As you might know I'm really like'n the looks of the Nicolai Helius FR. I own a UFO now but it's been hurting my lower back on long rides. I guess because of the slack seat post stay, other then that I love whipping it around when I'm not seating. Do you think the Helius would be a better choice for me being I do more xc and trail riding as oppose DS and MX racing.
I also like the fact that it has an extra inch of travel for light DH. I wish I can just go to my LBS for a test ride. If I do get one I think I'll set it up with an 05 Firefly fork 4"-6" to match the rear. Anybody have any other good options? Thanks.
Talk to DHS on the board. I believe he has one. You also may want to check out a Turner 5 Spot/RFX (used)/6 Pack (upcoming), or an Azonic Saber if you want to save some cash. I took a run on a friend's RFX a little while back, and it was very similar to my Helius ST. Great bike.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Well the suspension setup is pretty straight forward and the quality of the bikes you know all about. So it more down to the angles and what you like but I do not see how you can go wrong with the bike. I have seen a couple for sale used lately.