Quantcast

anyone been through this?

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
Or anyone's wives?
2 weeks ago, my wife and I found out that the baby we were expecting in January didnt have a heartbeat. So, per the request of my wife we waited 2 weeks to see if it would....pass (for lack of better word) and nothing has happened. So today, we went and saw the doctor again and now she's scheduled to have a D and C operation. I'm kinda nervous about this. Anyone?

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
Everything will be okay, but it will be an emotional test, especially for your wife. Just be the strong, caring supportive husband with lots of patience that you probably are. Ride it out and don't forget what you have and that it doesnt' effect pregnancies in the future.

V-Dub GTI

Monkey
Jun 11, 2006
blah!
That really sucks. Just makes sure that she gets plenty of rest and be vary supportive. Let her have Her way for a while. women tend to enjoy that.

May 22, 2006
waynsesboro va.
rest and support, for sure man... she'll be fine. And Im sure I speak for all of us, sorry about the baby. Keep trying, after reading your post I thought alot about my son and all the worries through my x's pregnancy and how lucky I was that it all turned out ok considering what happened the year before when my x had the same procedure done. All will be well-our prayers with you bro

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
Thanks for all the kind words and advice. The doc told me the procedure would take about a half hour and so when he came out 2 hours after she went back, I was a little nervous. BUT, everything went as planned and he said she did great and that nothing out of the ordinary was found or happened. She's now at home getting comfy with percocet. I'd love to be there to wait on her hand and foot, but I have the last group of finals of my first year of medical school this week..... ugh.... Anyway, thanks again and best o luck to all of ya's.

bonedoc

PS: to anyone reading this considering medical school, I'll tell you now..... IT SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS.... a lot.

It won't suck in 3 more years..........oh wait, forgot that next three years of residency afterwards......................then your specialty maybe - another 2-3 years???? You sucker. Just kidding, the hard work will be worth it, albeit 8-9 years from now. Then you get to pay those school loans off.

Glad your family crises sounds like it turned out ok. Sending good karma your way for the remainder of your wifes pregnancy