Quantcast

Anyone been to Barcelona? (no bikes)

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
So spur of the moment like I booked a ticket to Barcelona to see my girl who's studying there. I've been crazy busy and this wasn't exactly planned so I've done no research and haven't been before.

Got any suggestions of can't miss persons, places, things? I leave Monday.

Arm On Fire

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
Exeter, NH & Acton, MA
Yup, been there, but don't remember too much.
What I do remember is "Siesta" is the coolest thing in the world, once you figure out whats going on, and that you need to take full advantage of it, cause the locals don't start to party until about 2-3am.
But if you are going to meet your squeeze over there you are kinda missing out on some of the experience.

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
Been there, done that.

They have a pretty amazing church there...i think its called the Gaudi (sp?) cathedrial

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
Oh, there will plenty of party party. I can't believe it took this long into the year before I could get anywhere. I've been itchin and so need a vacation.

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
narlus said:
the airport's pretty cool.

sadly, that's about all i saw of it.
I'll get the same view in Zurich and Geneva. Yeah, I was in Scotland once for like 7 minutes, not that I actually placed a foot on the ground...

perplex

Chimp
Sep 11, 2001
Copenhagen, Denmark
.:Jeenyus:. said:
Been there, done that.

They have a pretty amazing church there...i think its called the Gaudi (sp?) cathedrial
Actually its "La Sagrada Famila". But it was made by a guy called Antoni Gaudi www.sagradafamilia.org

But besides that you should go and see the Olympic Village, La Rambla (a long pedestrian street) the old gothic part of town, the beach and generally just check out the many cool people...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
There's a really cool little city south about an hour by train called "Tarragona" - right on the ocean. Old Roman city - walls, amphitheatre, etc. Good seafood.

The "popcorn" shrimp aren't even shelled. They deep-fry 'em with shells, heads, and everything..... :drool:

-S.S.-