Quantcast

Anyone driving to the East Coast with extra space.

Metal

President of FRONJ
Oct 17, 2001
Orange County, CA
Is there anyone on the West Coast, preferably less than 6 hours drive from Orange County, that is driving to the East Coast for the Nationals with an extra seat. I am traveling very light, a big traveling backpack and a DH bike that can be taken apart an fit into a pretty small box. If you have some space, or might know of somebody who does, please PM me or email me at bustafarian@hotmail.com
Also for anyone who can take me, I get you a place to stay at West Virginia and Vermont.

Edit: Oh, and I can leave after my last final which is on the June 5th.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Originally posted by Metal
Is there anyone on the West Coast, preferably less than 6 hours drive from Orange County, that is driving to the East Coast for the Nationals with an extra seat. I am traveling very light, a big traveling backpack and a DH bike that can be taken apart an fit into a pretty small box. If you have some space, or might know of somebody who does, please PM me or email me at bustafarian@hotmail.com
Also for anyone who can take me, I get you a place to stay at West Virginia and Vermont.

Edit: Oh, and I can leave after my last final which is on the June 5th.
If you get desparate, try to land a ride with a cross country trucker. With gas prices going up and margins slimmer (note, the profit margin, not the driver), I'm sure they'd love some ex-afro dude to tag along and chip in for gas.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Originally posted by reflux
If you get desparate, try to land a ride with a cross country trucker. With gas prices going up and margins slimmer (note, the profit margin, not the driver), I'm sure they'd love some ex-afro dude to tag along and chip in for gas.
Chipping in for gas on an 18-wheeler? :dead:

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Originally posted by ©2001
see the advertisement on his helmet.
You're such a c0ck.

I'm keeping the glasses, but they can take the rodent-squint look I'm tossing.

"Blue Steele" it's sure not.

MD

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
i was about to say YES!, then i realized you were going the OTHER way.

"move allong, nothing to see here, just some loud mouthed new englanders, no good mtn biking, move allong!"

Yeti DHer

I post here but I'm still better than you
Sep 7, 2001
The Foothills
Originally posted by ViolentVolante
its like 2.65 or something over here
2.16 here... 5 cents cheaper than unleaded and usually drops to 15-20cents cheaper during the mid summer... It has to be cheap.. Truck only hold like 400 gallons... :eek:

Goodluck finding a ride... maybe one of the turner honda guys?

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
i got some $1.50 dzl coming back from getting my new ride.

bump for sanjay.

Metal

President of FRONJ
Oct 17, 2001
Orange County, CA
Originally posted by bcd
i got some $1.50 dzl coming back from getting my new ride.

bump for sanjay.
Damn Alex, that's a nice car. If I ever owner a 4-wheeled vehicle, that would be on the top of my list. Then convert it to run off vegetable oil. With the great gas milage you will be getting, you can drive out to California and pick me up;) . Just draft off some semi's. I am sure you could get here in less than 25 gallons.

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
Hey does your TDI have really soft springs? My buddy has a 01 or 02 and every time you shift gears you can feel the body rock front and back.

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
haha i can give u a ride back to CA...........if u have a place for me to stay........and a job i can have. i can't wait to get out there again, one year away is too long for me.

Metal

President of FRONJ
Oct 17, 2001
Orange County, CA
Originally posted by Rabie
Who are you, internet dork?
Yeah, we just got this new Dell computer here, and I just got copies of Photoshop 6.0 and Autodesk 3.3. I guess now that I am slightly high tech I might as well start using the internet dork smilies. :dead:

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
No, that's a common misconception. A satinist is someone who likes to make fun (well, who once made fun, anyhow) of people who are posting drunk and can't spell the name of the Dark Lord.

HAIL SATIN!!!

MD

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
Originally posted by Metal
Damn Alex, that's a nice car. If I ever owner a 4-wheeled vehicle, that would be on the top of my list. Then convert it to run off vegetable oil. With the great gas milage you will be getting, you can drive out to California and pick me up;) . Just draft off some semi's. I am sure you could get here in less than 25 gallons.

yeah, it is the nicest car i have ever had!

the thing does have soft springs! it pulls so hard it rocks the car back.
it will hold 80 on cruise up hills. mmmmmmmturbo.

i am getting 45ish. so i could get there for 40 bucks. lol

how dyer is you needing a ride. no one from LA is going?

profioe says they will ship today! red label, me work tomorrow to finish your frame. you might get it by fri.

here are some pics fothe trip

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
My wife owned a TDI Jetta and we loved that car....except I have never owned a car with so many problems. Lets see if I can remember them all.

1) The glow plug circuit lasted about 5k miles and then the relay and usually one or two plugs needed to be replaced.

2) The ECM power relay crapped out...occasionally. The car would loose power and just die. No warning or anything. It wouldn't start back up until it was ready. That was extremely dangerous...try driving down the interstate at 70 and then losing power steering and brakes. Luckily it was a stick so we could put it in neutral and get to the shoulder.

3) The clutch damper broke at 50k.

4) The intake air damper got stuck shut and would allow enough air through to restart the car. That was another fun trouble shoot.

5) The engine mounts broke. The drivetrain fell off the mounts and landed on the frame rails. Fun.

6) The mass air flow sensor went bad...twice!

7) The rear seat belt got stuck and wouldn't come out of the buckle.

Thats all I can remember. We bought the car with 40k miles on it and sold it buy 60k. I'll never own another VW. :dead:

I was very disappointed we could not make the car work for us.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Ok people Metal needs a ride. Go start a TDI thread or something.

Bump for the metal man!