Quantcast

Anyone in Blacksburg area?

hokie77

Chimp
Dec 5, 2007
Virginia
Hey guys, first post. Figured I'd introduce myself and see if there was anyone out there riding in the Blacksburg area to join up with. I just salvaged a GT Outpost from a dumpster and got her going for under $70:monkeydance:. Now it's time to get back on the trails and get back in shape.

hokie77

Chimp
Dec 5, 2007
Virginia
Sounds good. Just got some shifters from the coop and got it running today. Time for some riding! Let me know if anyone's up for a cold ride next week after finals.

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
I live in blacksburg, but I'm usually holed up in a gray box studying my butt off. BUT, as nelsonjm said, the vt_freeride listserv is a good way to get in on the rides going down. If I get out sometime soon, I'll PM you on here!

hokie77

Chimp
Dec 5, 2007
Virginia
Thanks guys. I just finished exams yesterday so now I can play....other than the fact I just traded in my outpost for a DB Zetec comp at the bike coop. Old bike + $10 = sweet new ride. Gettin it put together now, should finish by Tues. ( gotta go back down to get a BB and cranks) Anyways, hope everyone did well on exams and I'll see y'all on the trails soon.

Aaron

BD-DV07

Monkey
Nov 1, 2007
Blacksburg, VA
I live in blacksburg, but I'm usually holed up in a gray box studying my butt off. BUT, as nelsonjm said, the vt_freeride listserv is a good way to get in on the rides going down. If I get out sometime soon, I'll PM you on here!
I agree with the Ambassador, VT freeride club is the hook up for ridding in Blacksburg. HAHA, I dont even live there, haha. Yes wannabeadonedoc, I know what your thinking, i only replied to this so i could call you the Ambassdor, HAHAHAHAHA

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
Dave(BD-DV07), you're a dork.

As I said before the VTfreeride guys are good guys to ride with as they are all fun to hang around, and fast too. That being said, you're hardpressed to get them to do anything before noon or 1 in the afternoon. Chances are if you ride around brush/gap mtn enough you'll find people to ride with.

good luck man, and if you need anything hit me up on IM (escozoorm1)