Quantcast

anyone in the Bay area looking for an ...

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
kidwoo said:
Black box it first.

I'll ask around, I actually left a message with someone this morning who was looking to get rid of his boxxer ironically.

Is Tahoe local enough?
ya ya..for sho bro! they are all my homies!! ;)

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I'd be willing to bet that if you spent half the time tuning your fork/bike combo with the 888 as you did your boxxer (different internals/crown etc) you might be happy. Give poor little 888 the same opportunities big bad family friend the boxxer had.

Just to make you happy I went ahead and kicked myself in the foot so that you don't have to. :thumb:

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
kidwoo said:
Can you imagine what the satisfaction rate would be if boxxer owners just tried them out with stock internals and made their decision from there?

BWAH HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

OH well. Who cares. I would ride a tricycle right now if I could.
Well all the PUSH sponsered racers use Boxxers, so that must mean 888's are not compatible with their shock :rolleyes: :think: :blah:

Yo - I have a stock Boxxer (actually a 2002 or so model - it was the last year before SRAM bought them and they came out with the three different versions...). I've been thinking lately that it might be nice to go with something more plush... I'd like to hold out for the Fox. But, in the mean time - what was that about the Boxxer internals???

Any good links you guys can turn me to? A guy at RS told me that mine was the last year that they used variable-walled stanchion tubes and it would have better dampening characteristics than the new ones (not sure if either of those are true).