Quantcast

Anyone interested in helping to revitalize Arbor?

ballr

Monkey
Apr 7, 2002
colorado
Many have approached me in the last few months about restoring the glorious mounds of dirt at Lake Arbor back to their heyday (or is it hayday?). Well, now is your time to shine. I have officially declared October "Lake Arbor Restoration Month" with the goal of getting everything rideable and in pristine condition in time for a jump jam on the Sunday following Veloswap.

Although work has already begun, I'll be headed out there Thursday (Rocktober 12th) @ noon to take advantage of the moist dirt conditions and make some head-way.

Bring a spade, flatty, pick axe, and any five gallon buckets you have. Come contribute and be a part of something bigger than yourself. Discover first-hand how much more connected one can feel with the Earth after having carefully sculpted her shape for maximum beauty and loftability.

Ironic, isn't it, that one could become more connected with the earth by building jumps to soar so high above her? Ponder, attend, dig...

Beast

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Where the riding is good
This sounds great, way to motivate Matt - I've been wanting to clean some of the lines up. I'll try to gather a good crew from Mines to help out. I'm thinking Thursday around 4:30.

Brandon T

edit: Jump Jam on the 29th or 5th?

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
Dudes! If you're headed out this weekend, I wanna help!!! But I have to work or be at school the other days of the week.......

Ballr, thinking about Berthoud again on Saturday if you're down....

Howse

ballr

Monkey
Apr 7, 2002
colorado
Let's jam on the 29th.

BP241 - Saturday for me will be conditional on finding a babysitter (not for me, my kid!). Definitely Aztec on Friday though. DZ, Moga, Fulltrucker, Blackie, Adcock are all confirmed. You should call off work, the track has been dope lately - mucho sand and super tech with jumps into and out of every corner.

Weather permitting, I'll be digging at Arbor on Sunday as well from noon til 5.

Let's dig, bitches!!!!

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
Hows it coming down there?

Ive been busting my ass every day at the fix getting our new big line going, but could use a change of scenery so I may try to get down there after we get back from new mexico.