Quantcast

Anyone into 4 wheeling?

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
I found a Jeep and now I am really broke. Between bikes and a Jeep I will have no money this summer. Damn, will I have fun.

Anyone else here go wheeling?

I know Telluride is going to be a great extended weekend this year riding the bike and taking the Jeep out.

RimJobbed

Monkey
Apr 11, 2006
I did until it got too expensive. Once you have to rebuild a transmission for the third time, you give in and just get a daily commuter for a while. Telluride is definately excellent off-road. You don't have to travel far though, I found some gnarly stuff that really tested my Toyota just outside of Frisco.

What kind of Jeep?

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
I got a 91 Renegade. I know it is going to be expensive. Having a brother in-law who is a ex-mechanic is going to help a ton. Not to mention he has some connections for inexpensive parts.

I know I do not need to travel far, but I am going to Telluride for the Mountian States Cup race and taking the Jeep.

I still have my 2004 Canyon for a daily driver.

Will_Jekyll

CUSTOM Chimp
Aug 10, 2001
Superior,CO
I was into wheeling for a few years but stopped a few years ago because it got too expensive and got tired of the people that where there to conqueror nature not be in it.

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
Sort of when I had an FJ60. But it was more to be able to access trailheads for climbing and biking than to go out just for the sake of four wheeling.