Quantcast

Anyone into industrial/house/techno/trance?

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
I don't know enough about the various styles to break them down too much, but George Acosta's Next Level is a good trance disc. If you haven't heard of him, I am sure that you will recognize some of the stuff on the dusc.

Carbon Fetish

Monkey
May 6, 2002
Irvine, CA
Here is a list of some DJs I listen to or have CDs and/or vinyl: ATB, BT, DJ Dan, Paul Van Dyke, Ferry Corsen, Paul Oakenfold, Darude, Jon Bishop, Sasha, Digweed, Rachel Auburn and William Orbit. Most of it is trance, progressive, house and hard house.

J

JRB

No - I have never been into that. Some folks that stay with us every now and then like it and it drives me bonkers (and I don't say that much).

Tom Church

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
Beacon, NY
Electronic Music is the main stuff I listen to...

I am mostly into House (Derrick Carter, Mark Farina, FeelGood, DJ Dan, Terry Mullin, etc), Techno (Richie Hawtin, Jeff Mills, Umek, Ben Simms, etc), and Chillout (The Orb, FSOL, Jazzanova, Coldcut, Mr. Scruff, etc).

I spin house and chillout on a regular basis at raves out here in the NY area and I also promote raves...I have thrown 9 now over the last 5 years.

I don't go out as much as I used to but I still eat, breathe and sleep the music...it's just so soothing...and I love the tribal nature of it...

Tom

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
loco-gringo said:
Some folks that stay with us every now and then like it and it drives me bonkers (and I don't say that much).
do you run some sort of Raver half-way house?

Tom Church seems to be steering you in a good direction. I like the funkier, groovier, side of techno & house. If it sounds scary (hard house, happy hardcore, industrial, etc..) I dont really like it.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
slowSSer said:
so, where is he? havent seen anything from the inebriated samurai in rather a long time.
Serving a 10 year stint for for weilding a sword while under the influence (peeing on the bar) :D

He's been on my ignore list for so long I didn't even know he was gone.

Tom Church

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
Beacon, NY
Amon Tobin is amazing...he also goes by Cujo. Permutations is still my fav album ("Just like Regular Chickens"!!!)

Ninja Tune is the most amazing label...everything they do is just off the hook.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Tom Church said:
Amon Tobin is amazing...he also goes by Cujo. Permutations is still my fav album ("Just like Regular Chickens"!!!)

I knew you wouldn't be far....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Tom Church said:
Get with it man...

Look above :D

Tom
Nice however me seeing that would have required me to read this thread. Not something I usually do.

Tom Church

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
Beacon, NY
Yep!!! I own over 100 of their 12" and about 50 CD's. Mostly all older stuff. I have seen so many of them live...Coldcut, Mr. Scruff, Kid Koala, Amon Tobin, DSP, so many more...

Tom

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
surfinguru said:
freakin thread derailers!!

j/k - thanks for all the replies so far. I won't have a chance to get around to checking them all out until I get home tonight. It's been a gremlin filled day. (Anything that can go wrong with the corp. network has! AND it's qrtr end!) :help: :help: :help:
you're fired!

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
If you ever get the chance to visit a coffeeshop in Amsterdam, you will be unable to escape trance/electronica. It pervades all but the most specialized coffeeshops, e.g. Coffeeshop Free Adam caters to the reggae crowd. I hated it my first visit but eventually grew to tolerate it as less-annoying elevator music.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Who else should I be checking out?
I listen to the EnergyRadio.Fm - Energy Dance stream via WinAmp.
Home Page

Download:
Winamp 5

After you have installed / opened WinAmp 5, choose "View" and then "Media Library".
In the "Streaming Media" section choose "Internet Radio".
Change the "Genre" dropdown on the far right to house, and add the "EnergyRadio.FM-Energy Dance" to your Bookmarks.

There's a ton of other stations they have pre-configured, if you want something different. Just choose another Genre. :cool:

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Tom Church said:

Ok I said I would never post on RM again but this is far to important. AMON Tobin is god like! Hve you ever been to a club with him it's amazing.
Ok anyways all the artists you've listed are amazing, I;m a big fan of the ninajtune label. Anyways, as for trance, progressive I'm mega into that stuff. Armin Van Burren, Marcus Schulz, Manual Le Saux, Al Redmund omg so many.
If anyone is into that type of stuff I always have the latest and best sets, I can share them if anyone wants over msn that is. brendanreeves@hotmail.com