Quantcast

Anyone own/ridden a Ridley cross bike?

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
I sold mine. Overall I like it but there were some quirks. It had a very tall bottom bracket and standover height was really bad. I'd probably go a size down from what I usually ride. The carbon fork had terrible vibrations when the cantis were used.

The frame was nice though. Super light, and very responsive.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I sold mine. Overall I like it but there were some quirks. It had a very tall bottom bracket and standover height was really bad. I'd probably go a size down from what I usually ride. The carbon fork had terrible vibrations when the cantis were used.

Those are some pretty serious short comings. I'll be contesting my first full season in the A class at the Cross Crusade races.....I need every advantage I can get :) A tall BB would suck for the tight corners in cross. I may be able to get my hands on the new Scott carbon cross bike, but our team is falling apart and I'm not sure we'll be doing an order through them.

Squeak

Get your pork here.
Sep 26, 2001
COlo style

Did you get a new CX bike?

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Those are some pretty serious short comings. I'll be contesting my first full season in the A class at the Cross Crusade races.....I need every advantage I can get :) A tall BB would suck for the tight corners in cross. I may be able to get my hands on the new Scott carbon cross bike, but our team is falling apart and I'm not sure we'll be doing an order through them.
I'm riding an '06 Scott CX Team as my daily commuter. It's held up admirably to my daily poundings...Alu w/carbon fork. Decently light. I would expect the full carbon cx offering to out perform it on the dirt though...

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I'm riding an '06 Scott CX Team as my daily commuter. It's held up admirably to my daily poundings...Alu w/carbon fork. Decently light. I would expect the full carbon cx offering to out perform it on the dirt though...
Thats the bike I've been racing and I really like the geo, and handling of it.....does quite well off road