Quantcast

Anyone riding shed this weekend? (new bike!)

May 24, 2005
Baltimore
JYETI, you around this weekend?

If luck works out right, which it probably won't because I'm posting here and will jinx it, I could have my new ride built up by Sunday and ready to roll.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I just got the fedex tracking # for my new frame. Should be here Tuesday. So I'll probably be up for a ride next weekend....

JYETI

Chimp
Dec 14, 2005
I havent looked at the weather yet. I hope not. I will ride in some rain but not a downpour. Tried that earlier this season and it sucked so bad. Pantyline took its toll that weekend.

May 24, 2005
Baltimore
I can't do Saturday, probably because the bike won't be ready by then.

If it is I could be convinced to do Saturday as it would avoid riding with a severe hangover Sunday morning. Friend's birthday party Saturday night. ;)

But not if it's supposed to rain like hell...

Matt H

Monkey
Aug 8, 2005
Maryland (Baltimore area)
JYETI said:
Lets keep our fingers crossed. No rain dance!!! Anyone else up for sat?
If the stars line up, it doesn't rain, and my friends leave earlier than anticipated (they have a 7 month old baby being watched by family, so the babysitting timeframe is variable based on their tolerance :) ), I may be up for a ride on Sunday. Definitely can't do Saturday.

I will post or let HBT know when I know for sure.

JYETI

Chimp
Dec 14, 2005
Is there a temperature range on your ride also. If i remember HBT was giving you a hard time last time we went out b/c you said it was too cold.

HBT get that damn thing built so we can go sat. Did brunnettes get his together?

May 24, 2005
Baltimore
Jason, I would but the bike isn't here yet. I'm still waiting for it to get to the shop even though I ordered it last Saturday morning. Once it's here I have to....

install grips
install e13 srs
install 66
change tires
swap seat & post
swap pedals
change rear shock spring
tape up the driveside chainstay
milk a marmot

If the shop is going to take forever to build the thing I'm going to just take the whole mess with me home and do it. Damned if I'm going to wait 2 days to get a 1 hour build done.

May 24, 2005
Baltimore
We're talking about riding big bikes at the Shed, Jon.

Not sure how far a drive Frederick MD is from Philly. Probably not much more than hour and a half?

RPK and his recumbant is quite a thing to see. Flip whips and sick tire barrel rolls over 50' road gaps. After that he has sex with your sister and spits in your eye, because he's cool like that.

Or I just made all that up...

hurlykid6900

Chimp
Oct 23, 2005
C-Ville Rep yo
His name's HBT from the "Old Line State"....
Goes up to Frederick, makes the locals irate...
Tried to buy a bike, wasn't too quick...
Now he's online bitin' my.................

Posts and posts, all day long...
Thinking he's right, and everyone's wrong...
Fronting from up in the ol' Charm City...
But his flow, like his riding is nothing but.............
I like boys too. maybe we can meet?

May 24, 2005
Baltimore
Can I hit you in the back of the head with a clawhammer first?

Surely you can find a chatroom with a willing 40 year old looking to diddle you. I'm not interested.*

* it's because you're too ugly, and fat, fattie.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
HotButterToppin said:
We're talking about riding big bikes at the Shed, Jon.

Not sure how far a drive Frederick MD is from Philly. Probably not much more than hour and a half?

RPK and his recumbant is quite a thing to see. Flip whips and sick tire barrel rolls over 50' road gaps. After that he has sex with your sister and spits in your eye, because he's cool like that.

Or I just made all that up...

big bikes? so if i showed up on my s-works dh w/ a shiver and three-oh tyres i'd be ok?

edit: http://www.derpbrap.com/bike/DSC00013.JPG

May 24, 2005
Baltimore
If you showed up with that we may ask where the engine is hiding. ;) Yes that would be plenty suitable.

Some quasi-locals like to ride monsterous 10" travel beasts, I guess because their knees have been fused and no longer function. It certainly isn't because they go off large sick duderz. So at least you wouldn't look out of place.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Brunettes said:
If you showed up from Philly I'd say....shame on you.

well derp. i'm new to the area and i'm just looking for places to ride, so uh yea. if you know of anything better thats closer feel free to key me in.

May 24, 2005
Baltimore
Just looked at Google and from your suburb of Philly to Frederick MD would take close to 3 hours, yikes!

Though I've made it to the Philly airport from my house in one hour flat, and it's another one hour exactly to Frederick from there. So I guess it depends on how fast you drive. Regardless, it's a long way to drive for a bunch of slackers like us. Granted there's plenty of trails and sh*t to ride but still, I'm not that cute.

Matt H

Monkey
Aug 8, 2005
JYETI said:
Is there a temperature range on your ride also. If i remember HBT was giving you a hard time last time we went out b/c you said it was too cold.

HBT get that damn thing built so we can go sat. Did brunnettes get his together?
haha yeah I'm not a huge fan of being on a bike unless it's 60+ degrees, but since spring doesn't want to come this year, I may be flexible on that.

Like you though, I'm not a fan of riding in the rain.

Matt H

Monkey
Aug 8, 2005
HotButterToppin said:
Jason, I would but the bike isn't here yet. I'm still waiting for it to get to the shop even though I ordered it last Saturday morning. Once it's here I have to....

install grips
install e13 srs
install 66
change tires
swap seat & post
swap pedals
change rear shock spring
tape up the driveside chainstay

If the shop is going to take forever to build the thing I'm going to just take the whole mess with me home and do it. Damned if I'm going to wait 2 days to get a 1 hour build done.
Oh hell no, I'd DIY all of that, it's a stack of parts but it's all easy stuff. Also gives you an opportunity to get acquainted w/ the bike and make sure everything is tightened up properly (which no matter how much I trust a shop, I still doublecheck after they are done).

May 24, 2005
Baltimore
The only thing I'd consider having them do is the fork, and only really removing the crown race from the old fork, setting the new star nut, and cutting the steering tube.

At this point I'm willing to do all of that myself too since they didn't have the bike today and they said "maybe tomorrow or Saturday".

You have a good hacksaw, Matt?

Matt H

Monkey
Aug 8, 2005
HotButterToppin said:
The only thing I'd consider having them do is the fork, and only really removing the crown race from the old fork, setting the new star nut, and cutting the steering tube.

At this point I'm willing to do all of that myself too since they didn't have the bike today and they said "maybe tomorrow or Saturday".

You have a good hacksaw, Matt?
Yeah, that may be good to leave with them....

I have a fairly good hacksaw, but it may not be a fine enough tooth pattern to make a clean enough cut. Not sure what's required.

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
A diarrhea brown ASX Judd? Shame on you. Whatever happened to your visions of a VP-Free?
Good to hear you're still finding stuff to ride over there in the flat land. Too bad you're missing the new trails on Galby, not to mention the rebuild of the North Fork...
Oh, and are you saying that I should replace my Super T? I still love that thing...

JYETI

Chimp
Dec 14, 2005
So do we have anyone for tommorrow? May be a little slimy but could be a good time. I am 50/50 right now.

"Some quasi-locals like to ride monsterous 10" travel beasts, I guess because their knees have been fused and no longer function. It certainly isn't because they go off large sick duderz. So at least you wouldn't look out of place"

Hope your there on Sunday, so you can see just how well my fused knees pedal....and... oh yeah it's only like 8" of travel, and 2" of sag. I've gotta go, this quasi-local has gotta pay his Frederick City water bill.......Nothing but love for the HBT!!! He's awesome!

KD1569
Cyclist

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
KD1569 said:
"Some quasi-locals like to ride monsterous 10" travel beasts, I guess because their knees have been fused and no longer function. It certainly isn't because they go off large sick duderz. So at least you wouldn't look out of place"

Hope your there on Sunday, so you can see just how well my fused knees pedal....and... oh yeah it's only like 8" of travel, and 2" of sag. I've gotta go, this quasi-local has gotta pay his Frederick City water bill.......Nothing but love for the HBT!!! He's awesome!

KD1569
Cyclist

Maybe he meant 5 in front / 5 in back = 10" beast? You know how those crazy trail bike riders are. They should just ride rigid SS's and S the F up.

e-posturing - gotta love it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
imo 10" of travel is ridiculous and totally unnecessary unless your name is Josh Bender. My rig is 7.75"/7.75" but then again I do a lot of downhilling, for trails and general freeriding I am looking for a new bike with around 6.5"~7" of travel, single crown fork, blah blah blah. Especially since I'm in the process of getting a race specific DH bike now (which still won't be 10" of travel :rofl: )

and don't take this as me trying to knock ss's or rigid. XC is cool too, but just not my cup of tea anymore. For road the only way to go is fixed. :D

May 24, 2005
Baltimore
Everyone knows I suck KD, including me, but I don't try to look all hard and factory with matching MX garb and racerX gimp suit. I ride to have a good time not go on forums and dribble on and on about how I'm gonna OWNZ YU and other retarded posturing. Good rider or not, some people can't help but look like fools taking themselves way too seriously.

And I'm not dropping names, but if you're feeling selfconcious about yourself and think I mean you then you're welcome to think whatever you want. I don't care either way.

Like a hungry bass you come snapping at every little piece bait that comes along, and it's pretty fun. ;)

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
When is KD and HBT going to stop going after each other on this board?

Anyway, Saturday would be a better day for me to ride, but I'm not going to since it is supposed to be a wet one tomorrow. Right now I plan to ride on Sunday.

And don't give me some line like it won't be too bad. I fell for that last time it was a rainy day, and it really sucked!

Brunettes

Monkey
Jul 27, 2005
East Coast
Way too much bitching on here... too cold, too wet, what gear they're rocking, how they ride...if you need the perfect day to ride then I suggest you find yourself a new hobby. I'm not the best or the worst but I ride so lets SQUASH THE BEEF! :rofl:

If Corey and I can mend our differences I don't see how they can't..or why there isn't world peace.