Quantcast

Anyone see "Collateral"?

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
ok, so i'm stuck watching this movie with my girlfriend and her family. I've seen it before with dexterq20, and we had agreed it's a bad movie. I don't know, I just don't think it's Tom Cruise/Jamie Foxx's best roles. It's quite predictable, cliche, and the camera shots are quite inconsistent, which makes you dizzy/confused. I know there are more reasons why I don't like it, but that's all I got for now. any thoughts?
[/rant]

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Next time rent Zatoichi:The Blind Swordsman.

Collateral was ok.

Jeff 151

Monkey
Sep 25, 2004
DeezBay, Cali
Collateral's tight, intense, violent, dark, a little unnerving. But it's narrow in scope. It's basically just the interaction of two characters. Everything else is totally peripheral. Good movie!

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i thought the movie sucked all the way around and i wish i could have that time of my life back .It was predictable and the acting was not very good. From the miinute the lawyer got in the car i knew that she was gonna be the last one on the list and the cabby would have to be the hero and blah blah blah. it sucked.

However The Manchurian Candidate was awesome.

freeriding101

Monkey
May 11, 2004
Anacortes WA
when you watch a movie with a good actor you forget that it an actor, when you watch a tom cruise movie its still tom cruise, tom cruise sucks at acting... so i didnt see the movie

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i watched it tonight at found that it lacked closure.....the dude just up and dies. very anticlimatic. predictable but entertaining on a "soap opera" level.

must rent manch cand next

Evel Monkey

Monkey
Oct 28, 2003
PNW
cruise makes a bad good guy, but a good bad guy. was it a good movie? It was entertaining, better than most movies nowdays.

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
stevew said:
Next time rent Zatoichi:The Blind Swordsman.

Collateral was ok.

Zatoichi...now that's a bad movie...and what the hell is up with that whole STOMP routine at the end?...I couldn't wait for that movie to end. it was llike chewing aluminum foil

Got passes to see the world premier of Collatoral...whole bunch of hollywood types and fine looking women....movie was ...ehhh....but Tom Cruise is really freakin short up close.