Quantcast

Anyone tried SportLegs?

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Well, it isn't really a performance enhancer more than an energy drink or something is. I just wondered if it really prolonged the burn. It's just calcium magneseum.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I say... it's bunk but what do I know? I read the promo and it seems to be geared to "sprint" length efforts with frequent starts and stops. Engh... I'm always suspicious of this type of deal. The only magic pills I beleive in are electrolyte caps.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Here is another tip I got from an ultra distance runner - switch to evaporated sea salt and use it daily. The kind you want is unprocessed and cost about $5.00 per pound - it has scads of trace minerals that your body needs but does not get from processed salt. It looks like dirty sand but tastes very good.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by Serial Midget
Here is another tip I got from an ultra distance runner - switch to evaporated sea salt and use it daily. The kind you want is unprocessed and cost about $5.00 per pound - it has scads of trace minerals that your body needs but does not get from processed salt. It looks like dirty sand but tastes very good.
tastes very good?????????

:dead:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Originally posted by Heidi
tastes very good?????????

:dead:
Where have you been??? At the end of a 5 or 6 hour run or 100 mile bike ride - salt is heaven on earth. In conjunction with water it is what your body loses the most of during long periods of high exhertion - it can take days to get back in balance after a particularly hard effort. Salt is your friend. :)

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Any time someone say 9/10 pros us it or something like that it's usaully BS I think thats a load of bull.

waterlilli

Chimp
Apr 4, 2003
I have used them, the pill form ones. I do not know if they make other things- gels or drinks. Honestly I can not tell the difference. Maybe if I was consistent with them then they would be benificial? They have calcium, so they can not hurt, right, besides they were free. Try them and tell me what you think. I am sticking with sharkies, gu02, prezels and of course vanilla Coke. :D

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Originally posted by Serial Midget
what do you do, put it in your water and drink it?

2 pinches per half a glass of water, right?

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
9 out of 10 pros that they know use it ;)

I don't know about Sportlegs however I know several pros that do use it and they seem to think it works well. Magnesium does what they are saying, so I would say that it should work well.

On a side note. I went to the sportlegs/Astrix parties at Durango and they sure as hell know how to cook. They trucked down 2 massive smokers from Idaho and cooked the best Turkey, lamb and pork that I have ever had!

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
yo heidi, i've got a bag of that shiet in my car. i meet up w/ those guys at mt snow and ate out w/ em. seemed pretty cool at first then kinda read through their BS after a day or two. i'll send you a frickin bucket load of the shiet if you want it lol!! haven't tried it out for myself, kinda scared to have a frickin kidney stone ya know. the main thing in that product is magnesium :( .

just let me know tha word....

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
all it is is super refined calcium .

I've used it with mixed results, two out of three rides no burn no matter how epic. My nutritionist says, "sure, that might work...."

geargrrl

mgy

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
Morrison
I met the main sportlegs guy at Big Bear and thought he was another BSing salesman with another supplement that didn't do what it claimed. Since they were free I tried them and was surprized that they really work. My legs (and arms when DHing) burn less when taking it. I guess I am one of the nine out of ten pros that use it. Probably the first supplement I have tried that lived up to its hype.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by mgy
I met the main sportlegs guy at Big Bear and thought he was another BSing salesman with another supplement that didn't do what it claimed. Since they were free I tried them and was surprized that they really work. My legs (and arms when DHing) burn less when taking it. I guess I am one of the nine out of ten pros that use it. Probably the first supplement I have tried that lived up to its hype.
Hmm, I've tried it twice now and can't tell the difference. :monkey:

Babar

Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
Colorado
Calcium and Mag... should be fine and good in lower dose.

Too much calcium will lead to constipation and to much mag leads to big loose D...

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Originally posted by 2WheelsGood
Here's a thread on another BB where SportLegs replied to defend their product: CLICK and another CLICK.
They seemed pretty skeptical at first and then pretty excited about it when they tried it. It is pretty cool of Sportlegs to offer up their samples like that!