Quantcast

anyone up for a ride

flbikerman

Chimp
Oct 2, 2001
Sherman, TX
this week? From Weds. thru Sat. I'm available to ride in the general area around Dallas. Going to try to make it to the Bar-H on Weds. I'll probably make a trip to Erwin and RCP sometime in the week also.

James

Yankee Tim

Chimp
Aug 21, 2001
Denison, TX
I would be up for riding Erwin or RCP on Thursday or Friday. Just let me know when and where you want to ride. I'm available either day. I live in the McKinney area.

By the way, since you are up in that area. Do you ride Cross Timbers trail very often? I've ridden parts of it 3 or 4 times now. It's quite a tough trail for this area of the country.

Let me know.

Later,

Tim

flbikerman

Chimp
Oct 2, 2001
Sherman, TX
I tried to find cross timbers one time. I stopped and asked the gaurd(or whatever he's called) at the entrance to the camp grounds on the other side. He told me it was a hiking trail and wasn't meant for bikes. I was by myself and tried to find the trail head. I had heard it was tough also and I decided not to go by myself. Plus it takes just as long for me to get to Bar-H.

If the weather holds out I'll be riding both days. Where and what time do you want to meet? I can be at either trail by about 9:30a.m. Or we can meet a little later if you want.

James

Yankee Tim

Chimp
Aug 21, 2001
Denison, TX
Unfortunately, the weather forecast doesn't look good for the end of this week. Looks like rain both days. If it doesn't rain, I'm up for riding.

Either trail, Erwin or Rowlett Creek is fine with me. I can do 9:30 either or both days.

Cross Timbers is a hiking trail but you can ride it with a bike. There are a few different areas you can start on it. Juniper Point, Cedar Bayou, and Paw Paw Point are a few. I usually start at Cedar Bayou. It is probably the toughest trail I've ridden here in Texas. A lot of fun. Very technical.

Bar H is a lot of fun too. I rode there yesterday actually. I met up with a bunch of guys from the Dallas area there. 12 of us showed yesterday.

There is going to be an 8 hour race at Bar H on December 1st. It is a benefit race for the NYFD 911 Disaster Relief Fund. It is being organized by DORBA. You can check out the race flyer on www.dorba.org if you are interested.

Let me know.

flbikerman

Chimp
Oct 2, 2001
Sherman, TX
We can try for Erwin on Thurs. if you want. If you're available for tomorrow I'm going to the Bar-H. I'll be there about 9:30 or 10:00. I'll pm you with my phone number and you can give me a call tomorrow or on Thurs.

James