Quantcast

Anyone up for some jumping?

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
I'm thinking about heading up north this coming weekend to go jumping first in Santa Cruz, then to Calabazas and then to Shells if anyone is interested in meeting up. I've never been to Santa Cruz, so I have no idea whether there is even anything I can do out there, but the other two places have been pretty sick the times that I've been there. I want to drive up Saturday morning, and come back to Santa Barbara Sunday night. Let me know if you're going to be around and wanna go jumping, later.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
Santa cruz has got some good jumps, and we're currently building a new jump park, owned by the city, its in Aptos at the polo field park, its gonna be sick with roll in's and everything.

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Dave, you better gimme a call when you're up here. I'm currently out of comission, due to a sprained shoulder, but you're practically gonna be in my backyard. If you need a place to crash, you're more than welcome at my house. Just hit me up on the cell and lemme know. And I'm sure some of my buddies would be more than happy to go with you to Calabasas and Shells.

Monkey
Feb 28, 2002
Vail CO
Calabazas is nice right now... you should definately hit that up. Most of the jump spots in SC need a bit of work. Aptos post office is rideable but not in the best shape. DeLa is also rideable but there's only one line to do right now.

scurban... have people actually started working on the new Aptos jumps? Last time I rolled by the polo field it didn't look like anything was built yet.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
they dropped the dirt, and I saw Mr. E, and all the kids he sponsers working on it tuesday. It looks like it'll be pretty sick.

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Li'l Dave said:
Where exactly are you up north Ben, I might just have to take you up on that offer?
East Bay, just over the hills from Berkeley and Oakland. I live in Lafayette. It's about an hour from Calabasas, 1.5 hrs from Santa Cruz, and 45 min from Shells. The door's open man, just lemme know.

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
In my complete and utter brilliance I managed to not plan far enough ahead, and most likely wont be able to come up there this weekend, are you going to be around next weekend? I have to drive my roommate to LAX tomorrow, and then pick him up on Sunday.

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Yeah dude, I don't think I'm going anywhere any time soon. Hopefully my shoulder will be better by then too, so I'll be able to join you in your dirt jumping adventures. I work on Saturdays, but I get Sundays all to myself.

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
Nice, maybe I'll jump at one place on Saturday, come meet you at your place, and then go with you to the other. By the way, what did you do to your shoulder?

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
you are willingly leaving SB on the weekend of the cruiser ride and you call yourself a cyclist? :nope:

I am driving down to SB this weekend to have the most fun of the whole year! :p

Li'l Dave said:
I'm thinking about heading up north this coming weekend to go jumping first in Santa Cruz, then to Calabazas and then to Shells if anyone is interested in meeting up. I've never been to Santa Cruz, so I have no idea whether there is even anything I can do out there, but the other two places have been pretty sick the times that I've been there. I want to drive up Saturday morning, and come back to Santa Barbara Sunday night. Let me know if you're going to be around and wanna go jumping, later.

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Li'l Dave said:
By the way, what did you do to your shoulder?
Sprained it while riding my new bike at N*. Ate sh!t really hard off of a 5 ft drop, landed on the shoulder. End of story. It's slowly getting better though. If it just weren't for this damn sling... :angry:

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
punkassean said:
you are willingly leaving SB on the weekend of the cruiser ride and you call yourself a cyclist? :nope:

I am driving down to SB this weekend to have the most fun of the whole year! :p
What's the cruiser ride? Please, enlighten me.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
dexterq20 said:
What's the cruiser ride? Please, enlighten me.
The cruiser ride is an annual tradition (this year was 23rd or 24th?). It is always the last sunday of fiesta and it starts at the dolphin fountain at the pier at noon. We (group of 200-300 people all drunk and on the wierdest bike you can find) ride straight up state st. running every red light and blasting air horns etc. the ride cruises all the way up to ellwood with various stops for booze in between. After sessioning the ellwood jumps we ride all the way back and attempt to jump in the ocean from the pier but the cops always shut that down so we usually just go to the beach and get wet. It takes about 6 hours or so and covers nearly 30 miles but it is the most fun cycling event of the year IMHO. I rode this super sweet custom scratch built chopper again this year that I also rode last year. I saw Zark and a good time was had by all. I recommend anyone who can come do next year and every year there after! :)

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
HOLY CRAP, WHY THE HELL AM I HOME FOR THE SUMMER?!?!

That sounds amazing. Why wasn't I there?

But... damn, State St. to Ellwood is quite a trek. I'm impressed. You can bet that I'll be there next year for sure.

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
I don't think I'm going to be able to make it up there this weekend Ben, I have no money at this point to drive around too much. Soon though, I did go down to Santa Monica this past weekend and rode the Kenter trail. Once you come out we'll have to go out there.