Quantcast

Apparently I suck at jumping!

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
If anyone here has ever been out to Eden park, they'll know what I'm talking about. I tried jumping the middle line on the larger section of jumps, and failed miserably. I landed back side, and I mean BACKSIDE, full on bike didn't even get over the crest. When I landed, I snapped off my bottom bracket, which almost sliced my leg off, and compressed my whole dumb self into my bars. I was lucky that I walked away from my crash laughing, I really could have gotten hurt. Now my whole left arm is screwed up, its real sore, and I can't really pick much up with it. I must just be the best jumper ever, don't you agree?

jhusktrials

Monkey
Dec 29, 2001
Denver
I did that once. Except it was on a 93 DB Sorrento(my first mtb, it happened in 93) and I was jumping a snow kicker on a sledding hill. The cold weather definitely played a role.

I get that a lot with my bikes; that is the broken bike parts!!!! As for sucking at jumps, I would like to contest you at that if we lived in the same region. My friend can avow though, I have no contingency plan after becoming airborne. Upon landing I generally produce a twisted mass of machine and humanity. THANK GOD FOR HMO!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D
WARNING: Defying graity may be hazardous to your health.

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
Okay, maybe I do'nt suck too bad, but I sure felt kinda dumb when I did that. As for the broken bike parts, at least it wasn't my headtube snapping off again.

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
Mine wasn't all that bad, I went off a jump I had'nt done before, then when I landed, I even landed clean, all I remember is seeing a gold bar that was parallel to the ground. That bar turned out to be my fork(pyslo race) Once again I was fine, I was lucky I didn't hit my face, I walked away with just some minor bumps and bruises.

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
I wanted to try coming up a little short one time to get a feel for the lip. I ended up going to fast, not hitting my brakes at all, and eating sh*t. Mike has seen me do this before, he knows I'm a moron. At least I'm okay, is anyone going jumping today? Are you out in Golden right now, or down in town or something? Give me a call if anyone wants to go ride. I changed my number to 303-204-0990.

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
We are all at Excel. I am going to go dig at the new jumps at 2 but these fools have to work!
actually i think mike may come and dig too come to think of it.

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
Arms are okay, I'm actually keeping them though. However I do have a pair of older race face forged cranks that I could sell for really cheap, they are in good shape too. If you just need something to get the rig up and running, I can sell them for like $30 for both arms. Let me know, or give me a call at 303-204-0990