Quantcast

Apple Aperture 2

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Adobe Lightroom, do it. Almost the same thing as Aperture but when I bought it, half the price. Not sure on the price now but it is worth it.

I am a die hard Apple supporter but I am pretty sure that Adobe knows what they are doing when it comes to photo software.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Apple screwed the pooch with aperture. It is clunky, slow and not at all intuitive. Lightroom gets my vote as well. I use it with multiple 30 000 image + catalogs daily for work. I transfer and import them from my laptop etc. They are fantastic, as is the keywording which can be read by photoshop, exported to flickr etc.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Lightroom again.

Aperture locks you into Apple hardware. Lightroom is cross platform, and Adobe will let you transfer the license.

If my Macbook Pro dies right now, there is no way I'm getting a new one. As much as I hate Windows and love OS X, all my work is application specific, and the price performance gap has gotten way out of hand for Apple again...

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
I tried aperture, over and over...but was just too slow on any machine I used. I did like the interface a bit, but now just using lightroom and C1 (NOT version 4). LR rules for pretty much everything I need, but the conversions still do not beat C1. I use LR for anything unless it is a commercial image submission, but mags, flickr, web, etc gets LR treatment.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Cheers everyone. The fact that a few of you are pro togs makes that a fairly easy decision.

Cheers again.