Quantcast

Are there 2 different E13 DRS guides?

math2014

wannabe curb dropper
Sep 2, 2003
I want to move to BC!!!
Hi all,

I was wondering how many DRS guides exist (dual ring security).

I want one for 94bcd 5bolt 36T ring, suitable to fit a Specialized SX frame with no ISCG mounts, Raceface Evolve FR bottom bracket and Raceface NS ISIS cranks. What do i need to order? Are there any specifics that i need to know? Or i just order a 94bcd 36T DRS?

by the way i read the e13 manual from the e13 website and i cannot understand how on earth the boomerang mounts behind the bb flange. On e13 website there is a thingy (on the main picture that shows all the DRS parts) that supposedly is used on bikes without ISCG mounts, like a ring plate with 3 holes that fits between the bb cup and bb shell plate, and acts like an ISCG adaptor for the boomerang to fit on. Do i understand this correctly? If yes, nothing is mentioned on the e13 online pdf for the DRS, and more importantly, this part or this option is not listed on any European online shops, for example:

http://www.bike2build.nl/toonartikel.php?id=4915&PHPSESSID=fdfe2271991c2a71ca3d4bb307c4d3e0

Here this part is missing!

I am talking about the metal part that can be seen inside the bashguard.

Thanks

Yannis

math2014

wannabe curb dropper
Sep 2, 2003
I want to move to BC!!!
Originally posted by math2014
Hi all,

I was wondering how many DRS guides exist (dual ring security).

I want one for 94bcd 5bolt 36T ring, suitable to fit a Specialized SX frame with no ISCG mounts, Raceface Evolve FR bottom bracket and Raceface NS ISIS cranks. What do i need to order? Are there any specifics that i need to know? Or i just order a 94bcd 36T DRS?

by the way i read the e13 manual from the e13 website and i cannot understand how on earth the boomerang mounts behind the bb flange. On e13 website there is a thingy (on the main picture that shows all the DRS parts) that supposedly is used on bikes without ISCG mounts, like a ring plate with 3 holes that fits between the bb cup and bb shell plate, and acts like an ISCG adaptor for the boomerang to fit on. Do i understand this correctly? If yes, nothing is mentioned on the e13 online pdf for the DRS, and more importantly, this part or this option is not listed on any European online shops, for example:

http://www.bike2build.nl/toonartikel.php?id=4915&PHPSESSID=fdfe2271991c2a71ca3d4bb307c4d3e0

Here this part is missing!

I am talking about the metal part that can be seen inside the bashguard.

on the picture that the online shop shows i dont see it...

Thanks

Yannis

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Hi Yannis,

That ISCG adapter does not come with the DRS guide, sorry for the confusion, but thanks for cathing that! Ill have the webmaster fix that up!

In order to mount your guide to the bike, simply sanwich the entire back plate (the black aluminum part) between your flanged BB and your BB shell and you will be all set! Follow the chart in the indstruction sheet to tell how many plastic slider plates to bolt to the back plate so that you can get the correct spacing for whatever B spindle you are using. Its that easy!

You can always e-mail e.thirteen support at support@e13components.com. They can help you out.

Thanks again and sorry tht web pic is causing confusion, Ill have that fixed right up!

dw

math2014

wannabe curb dropper
Sep 2, 2003
I want to move to BC!!!
Dave thanks for the tips,

I have a 68/113 Raceface Evolve FR bottom bracket, what i would like to know is , if this bottom bracket is suitable for mounting the DRS, in other words if it is flanged. I hope that you are familiar with the said bottom bracket.

Also what is the purpose of this ISCG adapter?

Again, excuse my ignorance on how to tell if my bb is flanged or not, but its the first time in my life that i jump into chainguides.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Originally posted by math2014
Dave thanks for the tips,

I have a 68/113 Raceface Evolve FR bottom bracket, what i would like to know is , if this bottom bracket is suitable for mounting the DRS, in other words if it is flanged. I hope that you are familiar with the said bottom bracket.

Also what is the purpose of this ISCG adapter?

Again, excuse my ignorance on how to tell if my bb is flanged or not, but its the first time in my life that i jump into chainguides.
The Evolve FR is flanged as far as I know, and you will only need to bolt on one inner slider plate for the DRS. Just follow the instructions step by step and you will be all good. Its tempting to get ahead of yourself, but if you just take each step one at a time you will be all set!

The ISCG adapter is used with our single rinbg chainguides and allows you to mount an ISCG chaingude on a non-ISCG frame.

Attachments

math2014

wannabe curb dropper
Sep 2, 2003
I want to move to BC!!!
Dave,

Thank you very much. You have solved all the questions i ever had concerning the DRS. I am really looking forward to become a happy DRS owner in the near future!

Really thanks mate, and again i apologise for the near-ignorant type of my questions, now i know!

:)

Yannis

Apr 1, 2002
NY
dont b surprised if u need a longer BB spindle. other than that e13 guides r WAY easy to install. READ THE DIRECTIONS. (this is from experance);)