Quantcast

Are there any good urban locations in Houston?

ssk

Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Humidiston
He fellow Texans, I'm looking for some decent locations to do some urban riding in the Houston area. Have any suggestions?

I live on the west side of town and it would be nice to find something in riding distance from the house, but I haven't located anything real nice yet. I don't think I'm ready to hit a skate park yet.

Thanks
ssk

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Originally posted by ssk
He fellow Texans, I'm looking for some decent locations to do some urban riding in the Houston area. Have any suggestions?

I live on the west side of town and it would be nice to find something in riding distance from the house, but I haven't located anything real nice yet. I don't think I'm ready to hit a skate park yet.

Thanks
ssk
Sorry i usually just fart around all of downtown and harass old people. I don’t really know what would be fun for someone else.
do you do any XC or anything else?

ssk

Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Humidiston
Yeah I ride XC too. I live within riding distance of the Anthills and do some trail work out there too.

Someone took me to the new trails just outside of Memorial Park a couple of months ago which are pretty fun, but haven't been back there yet.

I've been checking out the Medical Center and it looks like there could be some fun stuff, but there are a lot of security personnel around there.

ssk

Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Humidiston
nah, I gave up racing about 6 years ago, that was before I moved to Texas. I just ride for fun.

Although I got into decent shape last summer and tagged along on a few Smack rides. I'm doing some strength training at the gym until daylight savings time. After that I'll be riding a bunch, maybe I'll do some fall series races, but some of those courses are pretty lame.