Quantcast

Arghgh! Why do smokers...........

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
........always throw their cigarette butts out the window of their vehicle? I mean, they have an *ASHTRAY* for f*#k sake. :mumble: Do they not even *consider* that they're littering like a friggin' pig?

-S.S.-

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
SkaredShtles said:
........always throw their cigarette butts out the window of their vehicle? I mean, they have an *ASHTRAY* for f*#k sake. :mumble: Do they not even *consider* that they're littering like a friggin' pig?

-S.S.-
...because they're inconsiderate asshats?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
binary visions said:
...because they're inconsiderate asshats?
Must be....

I almost got close enough to a dude today to yell at him, but at the last minute it didn't work out. Would've been kind of retarded to get in an accident because I'm raging all over some inconsiderate smoker. :blah:

-S.S.-

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I saw one of those dumb asses who flick the cigarette butt out the window get the smack down once. I was in court taking care of a ticket... waiting for my turn to see the judge. He calls up some girl who walks up with all kinds of attitude like she's oh so important. The judge slaps her with like a 1000.00 dollar fine. Not for littering but for throwing a flaming object from her car. Hah! Take that! You should have seen her face walking out... priceless!

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Ciaran said:
I saw one of those dumb asses who flick the cigarette butt out the window get the smack down once. I was in court taking care of a ticket... waiting for my turn to see the judge. He calls up some girl who walks up with all kinds of attitude like she's oh so important. The judge slaps her with like a 1000.00 dollar fine. Not for littering but for throwing a flaming object from her car. Hah! Take that! You should have seen her face walking out... priceless!
I would love to hear about that happening more often.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Most smokers are so freakin inconsiderate it's unbelievable. Not only are they slobs and litter all over the place, they are careless with their damn lit cigarettes. I have a scar on the top of my left hand from some careless cigarette stank ass smoker burning me in a club many moons ago. It f'n HURT like a bitch...I felt like punching the a hole...thank GOD you are not allowed to smoke anywhere in California...Damn hippies are good for something...passing anti-smoking laws.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
dh girlie said:
I have a scar on the top of my left hand from some careless cigarette stank ass smoker burning me in a club many moons ago.
Wooooaaaa, how exactly does that happen?

"Oh sorry! I can't believe my lit cig just torched your upper lip, later!"

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I had an ex that smoked, but she wouldn't smoke inside. She had an obnoxious friend over once who cared little that we didn't want people smoking insider our place. I asked her to put it out and she said "make me". I went to the kitchen filled up a pitcher of water then dumped it on her and her lit butt, then kicked her out of the apartment. The GF was pissed but it was worth it.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
In the south the considerate smokers DO put their fags out in the ashtray only to dump it at a stop light when it's full.
I work with a guy who just recently quit smoking. It's amazing how much more productive he is without all of the cig breaks. Every time he'd walk out I'd yell at him, " Going out to suck on another fag?!"

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Someone threw a butt into the planter near the exit at our office and it caught the mulch on fire. Unfortunatly this everyone that passes it is in a car waiting at the light, so no one gets out to do anything.

-BB-

Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Oh, and you all need to chill the F out.
There are inconsiderate litter bugs that are and aren't smokers.

Smoking is not the problem... people are.

I enjoy an occasional cig, but I don't burn people, litter, or go around kissing random people. ;)

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
-BB- said:
I'm sure there are. But *EVERY* smoker I see on the road, *without fail*,pitches their butt out on the road. EVERY single one.

-S.S.-

Edit: I've only known one conceientious smoker in my life. An old college roommate. He'd even dispose of his butts in a Ziploc sack when we went on backpacking trips. :thumb:

Buck Fever

Monkey
Jul 12, 2004
Hipsterville USA
-BB- said:

Smoking is not the problem... people are.
True. I work in SE DC and see people every single day who just casually throw their trash on the ground. I was driving home a few months ago and saw a guy waiting for the bus, chucking the bones from his chicken wings out into the street. I've seen people unwrap cany bars and just let the wrappers just fall in the wind. I think there's a trash can on every corner between my building and the Navy Yard and instead, the whole area looks like a trash can.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Buck Fever said:
True. I work in SE DC and see people every single day who just casually throw their trash on the ground. I was driving home a few months ago and saw a guy waiting for the bus, chucking the bones from his chicken wings out into the street. I've seen people unwrap cany bars and just let the wrappers just fall in the wind. I think there's a trash can on every corner between my building and the Navy Yard and instead, the whole area looks like a trash can.
Dude...you work is SE D.C. You're lucky when it's a bagged empty bottle drifting down the Anacostia and not a body! ;)

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
SkaredShtles said:
Did you pitch your butts out the car window?

Maybe we can get some insider insight.............

-S.S.-
yes and no.

My first couple of junkers i did smoke in the car and flick because i didnt like the smell in the car nor did i care for the mess in the ash tray. although i did not like littering i did it anyhow. Hypocrite yes but again yes and no.
when i got my first NEW vehicle in 95 i did not smoke in the truck ever never. So i killed two birds with one stone (rid of the smell and no littering.) i also NEVER smoked in my home. I have allergies so i tried to ever to smoke in confined spaces that i would have to visit regularly.
I always tried to be conscious about what I did with my butts out of the vehicle too. I always seeked out a place to put it, trash, instead of just picking a bush and flicking it in there or just throwing it on the ground and stomping it out.
I couldn’t then and I cant now stand litterers.
Off topic a little but related, I didn’t drink for about 4 years prior to quitting smoking. I had to start drinking again AND give up drinking coffee and soda’s to quit smoking. Weird I know.

-BB-

Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Chicken bones?
Hmm...

I have no problem throwing apple cores into the bushes when I'm out biking.
Chicken wings might be different. Throwing them on the street is different though.
Birds die in teh "bush" all the time.
The coons, coyotes, and bobcats will clean that up.
;)

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
The Toninator said:
yes and no.

My first couple of junkers i did smoke in the car and flick because i didnt like the smell in the car nor did i care for the mess in the ash tray. although i did not like littering i did it anyhow. Hypocrite yes but again yes and no.<snip>Weird I know.
Thanks for the insight! :thumb:

-S.S.-

Buck Fever

Monkey
Jul 12, 2004
Hipsterville USA
llkoolkeg said:
Dude...you work is SE D.C. You're lucky when it's a bagged empty bottle drifting down the Anacostia and not a body! ;)
I've had a few scary moments. One morning I was walking to the McDonalds on S. Capitol St. and I heard a couple of pops come from one of the nearby rowhomes about 50ft from me...I looked up as everyone was scattering out of the front yard. Most of the old homes down here are boarded up, but that doesn't stop people from living and dealing there.

If anyone needs some rock, let me know...I could walk across any street near my building and get hooked right up.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
SkaredShtles said:
Thanks for the insight! :thumb:

-S.S.-
No problem. i also forgot to mention sometimes when you flick though that it doesnt actually make it out the window and falls in the back seat and burns the upholstery and/or sets your car on fire, or so i've heard :rolleyes: . another reason not to flick or smoke in your vehicle.

J

JRB

I counted 50 butts on the ground where someone emptied their ashtray in a parking lot when I rode the other day. I stopped at 50, that is. I quit counting since it was pissing me off.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
-BB- said:
Chicken bones?
Hmm...

I have no problem throwing apple cores into the bushes when I'm out biking.
Chicken wings might be different.
Yup. Although I make sure I take the little "Dole" sticker off my banana peels before pitching 'em.....

I figure I'm doing nature a favor by adding some organic waste to the system........

-S.S.-

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Since some people draw vicarious pleasure from my tempermental responses to idiocy, here's the most evil thing I've done to a smoker*-

About 6 months ago on 270N just South of Gaithersburg, I had some a-hole in a contractor van(w/ ladder rack, of course) tailgate me MAD close in the left-hand lane. Even though there was another car right in front of me preventing me from going any faster, I can see the idiot shouting and cursing in my rearview as if I was to blame for holding him up. He jerks the car into the right hand lane, accelerates past me and then cuts me off, just barely avoiding contact(because I had to brake hard). As if that alone was not bad enough, this cretin then lobs his lit cigarette up and back landing it perfectly on my windshield. It was a great throw, as I could in that brief moment even smell the smoke that was drawn into my cowl and interior before it flew over my car.

Well, I happened to be in my wife's SUV which has a retractable moonroof, so I accelerated past that small group of cars and got over(without making anyone brake) several cars ahead of the idiot...and opened the moonroof. As expected, the 'tard went into pursuit mode and tried to get ahead of me again. He almost passed me on the right but a merging semi slowed him up and had to settle for cutting off the car that was now behind me. There was a big break in traffic ahead of me(rare in the D.C. metro area, but it was fortunately late at night), so I accellerated hard perhaps 500 yards ahead of the other neighboring cars with this lunatic ranting at his windshield right on my azz. Now earlier that day, I had collected several lacrosse balls from my backyard while mowing(a neighbor loses them in my yard regularly because he uses my fence for his backstop) and my wife wanted them out of the house after my daughter almost broke a window with one. I reached into the center console, retrieved a fluorescent orange ball and lobbed it up out the top of the moonroof. I threw it too high up, though, so the first ball bounded off his ladder rack into the underbrush and caused him to brake hard in shock. He recovered quickly, though, and was soon back on my bumper again. This time, I rolled a yellow lacrosse ball into one of the roof channels just behind the moonroof and it flew off the back of the SUV RIGHT INTO HIS WINDSHIELD! I don't believe it shattered, but that nut hit his brakes so hard afterwards that he fishtailed out of control and almost rolled his van. I took the opportunity to accellerate hard again, lost him and never saw him again after that.

Obviously, it was a reckless thing for me to do and I certainly wouldn't have done so had there been other cars in the vicinity, but I laughed SO hard about it to myself the rest of the way home. Little did the guy know that I had three more lacrosse balls waiting for him had he maintained his aggresive stance on my tailgate!

* besides the time I slammed a guy in his own truck door repeatedly until the police arrived, but his burning of me with his butt was incidental and I have already told that story here before.

BigHit-Maniac

Monkey
Jul 5, 2004
Las Vegas, NV
mrbigisbudgood said:
So......how many Power Bar wrappers have you people seen on trails?

Around here, NONE.

What we mostly see is cigarette packages.. from where the little kids and the "parents" wonder back in the woods on some of the trails, smoke along the way, and then pitch their empty package on the trail or in the nearby bushes.

Speaking of yelling at smokers, I yelled at one at a stop-light yesterday. She was beside me, I was in the left lane with both windows about 3/4th's the way down. She's on my right, with her window all the way down. Not only is the stank coming in my car, but she then proceeds to throw the cigarette on the ground. I looked right over at her and said "Nice way to get rid of your trash, you inconsiderate BITCH!" She looked PISSED and quickly rolled up her window. hahaha.

Stupid people.

iresmoke1

Monkey Flirt
Aug 1, 2001
Philadelphia
SkaredShtles said:
I'm sure there are. But *EVERY* smoker I see on the road, *without fail*,pitches their butt out on the road. EVERY single one.

-S.S.-

Edit: I've only known one conceientious smoker in my life. An old college roommate. He'd even dispose of his butts in a Ziploc sack when we went on backpacking trips. :thumb:
Chill out.. the birds eat them :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :evil:

iresmoke1

Monkey Flirt
Aug 1, 2001
Philadelphia
llkoolkeg said:
Since some people draw vicarious pleasure from my tempermental responses to idiocy, here's the most evil thing I've done to a smoker*-

About 6 months ago on 270N just South of Gaithersburg, I had some a-hole in a contractor van(w/ ladder rack, of course) tailgate me MAD close in the left-hand lane. Even though there was another car right in front of me preventing me from going any faster, I can see the idiot shouting and cursing in my rearview as if I was to blame for holding him up. He jerks the car into the right hand lane, accelerates past me and then cuts me off, just barely avoiding contact(because I had to brake hard). As if that alone was not bad enough, this cretin then lobs his lit cigarette up and back landing it perfectly on my windshield. It was a great throw, as I could in that brief moment even smell the smoke that was drawn into my cowl and interior before it flew over my car.

Well, I happened to be in my wife's SUV which has a retractable moonroof, so I accelerated past that small group of cars and got over(without making anyone brake) several cars ahead of the idiot...and opened the moonroof. As expected, the 'tard went into pursuit mode and tried to get ahead of me again. He almost passed me on the right but a merging semi slowed him up and had to settle for cutting off the car that was now behind me. There was a big break in traffic ahead of me(rare in the D.C. metro area, but it was fortunately late at night), so I accellerated hard perhaps 500 yards ahead of the other neighboring cars with this lunatic ranting at his windshield right on my azz. Now earlier that day, I had collected several lacrosse balls from my backyard while mowing(a neighbor loses them in my yard regularly because he uses my fence for his backstop) and my wife wanted them out of the house after my daughter almost broke a window with one. I reached into the center console, retrieved a fluorescent orange ball and lobbed it up out the top of the moonroof. I threw it too high up, though, so the first ball bounded off his ladder rack into the underbrush and caused him to brake hard in shock. He recovered quickly, though, and was soon back on my bumper again. This time, I rolled a yellow lacrosse ball into one of the roof channels just behind the moonroof and it flew off the back of the SUV RIGHT INTO HIS WINDSHIELD! I don't believe it shattered, but that nut hit his brakes so hard afterwards that he fishtailed out of control and almost rolled his van. I took the opportunity to accellerate hard again, lost him and never saw him again after that.

Obviously, it was a reckless thing for me to do and I certainly wouldn't have done so had there been other cars in the vicinity, but I laughed SO hard about it to myself the rest of the way home. Little did the guy know that I had three more lacrosse balls waiting for him had he maintained his aggresive stance on my tailgate!

* besides the time I slammed a guy in his own truck door repeatedly until the police arrived, but his burning of me with his butt was incidental and I have already told that story here before.
You could get your ass killed for that!
Be careful dude!
I love the story, and I don't blame you at all but man... you mess w/ the wrong idiot and you could get really hurt. Think about your family first!

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
SkaredShtles said:

-S.S.-
My favorite is when smokers come into MY shop KNOWING that I'm a cyclist, and still want to sit and chat while they puff down 3 cigs in 15 min. Hey jackass I need those lungs.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
iresmoke1 said:
You could get your ass killed for that!
Be careful dude!
I love the story, and I don't blame you at all but man... you mess w/ the wrong idiot and you could get really hurt. Think about your family first!
Or he could have caused the van to steer out of control resulting in the driver's death, then koolkeg would get charged with homicide or manslaughter and that SURELY would suck for his family.

That said, the story is cool because no harm, no foul.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
I Are Baboon said:
Or he could have caused the van to steer out of control resulting in the driver's death, then koolkeg would get charged with homicide or manslaughter and that SURELY would suck for his family.

That said, the story is cool because no harm, no foul.
OR we could just have another O_D on our hands :cool: