Quantcast

Arkansas DH web site, info, schedule, $$, points ETC

mountaingoat

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
Hell Paso Texas
Hello.. Yall should not be afraid of Roughrider Canyon.. Its DOPE.. I cant see why people are afraid.. :evil: We have the best DH trails in Texas or Arkansas.. Hands down!! .. Dont be scared

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
I doubt people are afraid. Alot of people want to come check out your course. Since DH in Texas is slim to none, it would be nice, when picking a race date, if the 2 or 3 race directors that organize DH races would talk to eachother and not race on the same day. Bar H, RoughRider and Devils Den all are racing on the same weekend, April 3-4. We go all year with no DH and then the organizers want to race on the same day. That is BAD planning. Dont be surprised at a lower turnout for that very reason. There are only so many texas DH riders to go around. Rough rider canyon and Comfort texas should going the Arkansas DH series and make the Ark locals do some traveling to our neck of the woods.

my .02

joel

mountaingoat

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
Hell Paso Texas
Maybe next year we can organize correctly.. I still think they are scared.. Our trails are serious.. We are throwin down stuff that will be talked about for years.. I know the people are afriad around these parts.. I hope things work out next race season.. I would like to do a series for the southwest.. :dead:

ikea

Chimp
Mar 12, 2004
i'm looking at heading out there for the cloudcroft race, and probably doing rcfp that trip, as well as the sunspot to alamogordo run..

should be fun.

Weaver

Monkey
Oct 27, 2003
austin, TX
the only thing im scared of is the beatdown yall are going to try and give me after i lay it to yall....:p

going to start making these ark races beginning this summer...

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
How is the pedal up? We will be on short travel bikes.
We are headed out Fri. AM to pre-ride.
Will it be easy to find once in the park?

Thanx yo.

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
Originally posted by TN_Fred
How is the pedal up? We will be on short travel bikes.
We are headed out Fri. AM to pre-ride.
Will it be easy to find once in the park?

Thanx yo.
ok... we will be there too... no i would ride up it.. i would just shuttle with one of us..

call me this evening... i can give you AWESOME directions and it wil be a lot easier...

laura has my number... once in the park it wont be too easy to find if it isnt marked sooo i can give better description once you call...

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Originally posted by TULSATUMBLERSGF
ok... we will be there too... no i would ride up it.. i would just shuttle with one of us..

call me this evening... i can give you AWESOME directions and it wil be a lot easier...

laura has my number... once in the park it wont be too easy to find if it isnt marked sooo i can give better description once you call...
Cool! now i gotta make sure my bike is ready for a good thrashing. :D
!Hasta luego!

mountaingoat

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
Hell Paso Texas
To weaver, You couldnt beat down a twinkie.. We have the badest trails in Texas here in Hell Paso.. Hands down.. If yall dont believe me come on over and bring your medical kits, cause you might need it.. Oh yeah, no grass here either so there are no soft landings.. I hope the Devils Den race went well.. peace:evil:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Originally posted by mountaingoat
To weaver, You couldnt beat down a twinkie.. We have the badest trails in Texas here in Hell Paso.. Hands down.. If yall dont believe me come on over and bring your medical kits, cause you might need it.. Oh yeah, no grass here either so there are no soft landings.. I hope the Devils Den race went well.. peace:evil:
mountaingoat,

Word of advice...you sound like a total tool polisher. The way you pimp your local ride is stupid. Try talking to people instead of talking down to them. :rolleyes:

akaeasy_j

Chimp
Sep 23, 2003
Frisco, TX
heres a pic of the roadgap

FYI, that roadgap is gonna be 10ft. longer for the sept. race.....a 41ft. roadgap will take some sack!

mountaingoat

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
Hell Paso Texas
Thats alright.. Just tryin to razz some people.. If they want to ride the trails they will.. I am not tryin to downtalk anyone.. I just want people too check out our trails.. I am sorry if we have the biggest mountains for biking in Texas.. Come on down.. They are badass.. So what if I wanna spray about my trails.. If ya wanna ride then come on if not then dont.. I will still spray.. peace:evil: I am tryin to get more people interested in this kind o ridin.. Dont be scared!!!

DHTRAVELER

Chimp
Feb 16, 2004
TEXAS
Originally posted by profro
mountaingoat,

Word of advice...you sound like a total tool polisher. The way you pimp your local ride is stupid. Try talking to people instead of talking down to them. :rolleyes:
Word

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
Originally posted by DHTRAVELER
Word

hey dhtraveler... it was great meeting you in AR this weekend... are you planning to do the whole series?

i was driving the shuttle on ur first run Friday... venessa... hope to see you again soon! and i even remember ur name... Mike!

mountaingoat

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
Hell Paso Texas
Thats a badass roadgap.. Where is that? How many races are in Arkansas? That would be nice to have somekind of series? We are pretty far away though.. We will try and run our races seperate dates next year.. Is anyone racing Cloudcroft on April 25th?:dead:

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
Originally posted by mountaingoat
Thats a badass roadgap.. Where is that? How many races are in Arkansas? That would be nice to have somekind of series? We are pretty far away though.. We will try and run our races seperate dates next year.. Is anyone racing Cloudcroft on April 25th?:dead:
Devils Den AR... 4 more races in this series...

May 22
Jun 5
July 17
Sept 18

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
Montaingoat,
That gap is a 30 foot step down on the finish line #3. We used finish line #1 for this past weekends race. I hear that finish line #3 is going to be extended to 40' and used for the series championship race in September. There were 65 registered DH racers total at Devils Den. There was a team from Colorado and a team from Nebraska. Many people from Texas, Oklahoma ETC. Last year, this race had about 25 racers. I predict that the final race in September will have 100 racers. THe Ark orgainzers have done the best job i have ever seen in marketing a race. Pre-race marketing, post-race information and a well marked course and spectator area. I am sure they were on a shoestring budget but you could not tell that by looking at what they pulled together.

I do not think that your RRC is too far away. You're terrain is unique and the way you are building a bike park, you have the potential to have your event(s) get really big. No one expects you to have grassy, lush landings or single track like Co or Ark. You can be a mini moab or Virgin. With your bike park efforts, you can have an annual event like a Redbull Rampage Texas style and draw many people from the central US. The Virgin, UT is way too far for any of us to make that a vacation spot but you are not. I would think that would be an obvious choice for your canyon. Create a niche that is all your own. Marketing your trails is the only way you can grow rapidly.

I just didn't care for the tactics you have of hijacking Arkansas threads to make claims that you have the best DH trails in Texas of Ark. I have seen no post-Coyote Classic threads with testimonies or photos that back up your claims. your web site is the same since Feb. A better web site with good photos is a must these days. I did not see any information on your site about the coyote classic muchless classes, entry fees, Norba sactioned or not, shuttle info, sponsors, shwag, accomodations, directions, ETC, ETC. I cannot even imaging all the **** an organizer must go through to put a race together. I cant judge you for not doing those things cause I could not either. But the lack thereof creats and impression of a race that is not legit or worth driving all that way. I weighed going to El Paso or Arkansas this past weekend. Driving distance was not an issure for me. I based my decision on what information was provided to me. The only info i got from you was several CC'd email messages announcing there was a race April 3rd and to "dont be afraid" plus a few spam's selling a santa cruz bullit. The whole Coyote Classic just did not seem legit to me compared to http://www.somefeargear.com/ADHCS/main.htm

I respect anyone who works to promote DH and freeriding. You are one of those and my hats off to you. I dont know you. i only know you from the posts that I read. Im not slamming you or your efforts. I am only replying in the same direct and frank and unsolicited manner in which you write your massages.

my .02

joel

DHTRAVELER

Chimp
Feb 16, 2004
TEXAS
i was driving the shuttle on ur first run Friday... venessa... hope to see you again soon! and i even remember ur name... Mike! [/B][/QUOTE]

You bet I remember you guys...It was nice meeting your crew also. And yes, I will be making more races in the series, I just don't know which ones yet. I am going to do some of the stuff out west also and spending time in Whistler so its a scheduleing thing. I'll be sure to let you know.
Cheers

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
Originally posted by joel hester
TULSATUMBLERSGF is was good to meet you. i sat right next to you at that fine mexican food place that served NO beer ! WTF !

joel
sweet! it is hard to put faces with screen names... but i'm glad you called it to my attention... ya'll were a lot of fun for TX and sooo glad we met ya... ya'll running the whole series arent ya??? we need to get down and see what ya'll have in TX...

i copy and pasted ur post above about the DD promoters to the MTBR site so that dan, tim, mike, travis, marvin, etc could see that their hard work was appreciated!

great meeting you!

mountaingoat

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
Hell Paso Texas
I am not baggin any trails .. That gap is cool.. I am just excited about our area..There are only 4 of us building trail.. We have a 30'ravine gap.. (pics soon) I understand that the Coyote Classic was not promoted well enough.. It was an ACA race..Next year I will put on a couple races here at the canyon.. We will be joining NORBA and we already joined IMBA.. I saw the Arkansas website.. Really cool.. I will try and contact those guys.. We will have races in winter, spring and fall next year , hopefully.. Yall goin to Cloudcroft, that course is one of the coolest , but its in Nm.. There are a couple pics on the website..:dead:

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
Me and my younger brother jordan will be at every Arkansas race except the 6-5 race cause we will be at the Chile Challenge DH race in New Mexico. Sucks cause I wanted to be in the hunt for points and the Redbull Rampage drawing. O well. I had alot of fun this past weekend at Devils Den. By the time September, we should all be best budz!

joel

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
Originally posted by Cooter Brown
Was he the one rockin the pimped out 24 hardtail?
yeah, that's my bro.

He normally talks all the time but he wore himself out and was very quiet by the time the weekend was over. My parents like it when he comes home after trips with me cause he is very melowed out. He's a drummer in rock band and a 4.0 student and he is AMP'd out all the time. He is so kick ass! I'm afraid to have kids of my own cause I'm afraid they would not compare to Jordan.

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
Patrick, sup? keep in touch as the Chile Challenge gets closer. Get a crew together and come up. I'll probably have a place for you guys to crash for cheap $$.

Laterz,

Joel

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
yeah, that's my bro.

He normally talks all the time but he wore himself out and was very quiet by the time the weekend was over. My parents like it when he comes home after trips with me cause he is very melowed out. He's a drummer in rock band and a 4.0 student and he is AMP'd out all the time. He is so kick ass! I'm afraid to have kids of my own cause I'm afraid they would not compare to Jordan.
kewl, that's who I thought it was. I'm still tryin to put names with faces. I was behind him on one practice run and he was riding the fvck outta that hardtail, I was impressed. :cool:

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
yeah, that's my bro.

I'm jealous. I wish I had a brother.

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
yeah, that's my bro.

dude, that is sooo freakin cool... my boys are sooo close in age that im afraid they are gonna hate each other before they are 15! :dead: