Quantcast

Armor with good ventilation?

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
On hot days I usually go armorless, but had a nasty crash today, so I need to find knee/shin guards and elbow guards with good ventilation. I have 661 knee/shin guards but wearing them on hot days feels like my legs are in an oven, so off they come. Dainese stuff looks like it has built in vents on most items, what other brands would you suggest?
-Rob

roiyial

Chimp
Jun 30, 2004
rob..lizard skin shin guards are one of the coolest shin guards around...to me atleast..and the lizard skin arm pads are kinda uncomfy..but they do

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
The new Roach Rally FR pads have excellent coverage and good ventilation - check them out...

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
syadasti said:
The new Roach Rally FR pads have excellent coverage and good ventilation - check them out...

Yeah, if I had the $$$, I'd go Roach. The 661 Race and Racelite are decent for the money though. (I wear the '04 Race)

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
I second the Roach FR first if you have the cash, and the Race if you want a cheaper alternative. Roach fits like a glove and breath's decent. If you go with the 661, get the 04's if you can, the 03's buckle at the knee and 661 fixed the prob by making a wrap around on the knee cap.

konaracer

Chimp
May 21, 2004
azonic armor with Fox raptor knee and shin pads. May be pretty expensive but well worth the money thats what I run

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
I picked up some roach fr elbow/forearm pads last week, haven't got to put them to the test yet, but they seem really nice.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
kidwoo said:
Ventilation: Dianese, hands down

Protection: Anything else.
:stupid: and I have 7 staples in my shin (directly behind where the pads should have been) to back up that statement...

The elbow pads didn't work much better

Dianese = :stosh: