Quantcast

arrrrrrrrr...... nine.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
i could be wrong with this idea.......but............are you sure the avy can be mounted with the resi in that position, without it hitting the seatmast on full compression? i may be wrong, but i think every r9 i have seen has the shock resi end in the front shock mounts. could be wrong, but it definately wouldnt hurt to check (just take the spring off and compress....

either way, that thing is one hot rig!

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
i could be wrong with this idea.......but............are you sure the avy can be mounted with the resi in that position, without it hitting the seatmast on full compression? i may be wrong, but i think every r9 i have seen has the shock resi end in the front shock mounts. could be wrong, but it definately wouldnt hurt to check (just take the spring off and compress....

either way, that thing is one hot rig!
Good observation! :thumb: But if you look at the way the suspension would compress, it would be more of an arc then straight down. This type of suspension can be real deceiving in that regard, but in all likelihood, it would not interfere with the resi...

However, as you pointed out, it would be wise to check.

Killer rig BTW!

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
i double checked with a guy that knows alot about R9s and he said the resi is fine that way after all, just looks like it had the possibility of hitting. every r9 i have seen has the resi mounted towards the front, both on the topside and underside of the coil. anywho, sick looking bike.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
sweet Corey! bad @SS! are you doing the whole "livin on Ramen noodles, and Mac'N'Cheese" so you can afford parts? I am going to join the "Christmas Club" with our credit union so I can hide some cash away for MY OWN personal Christmas next spring :wink:

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
thanks man, didn't put me into too much debt. i sold off my streetbike for the cash. i'll miss the moto, but really wasn't spending much time on it anyway.

Pi31412

Chimp
May 30, 2006
Futon looks awesome. That green Kona Stinky looks lame.

You should have bought an argyle Demo 7 it's more your style.

;)

SDH

I'm normal
Oct 2, 2001
Northern Va.
lol... flex this :biggrin:
Dude, being Irish, I am digging that color. Are you riding it this weekend at Snowshoe? Ya gotta give a spin on it.

PS
My 9.5 is in and in the same build condition, I am hoping I will have it in shape for the weekend (if the big brown is not late)

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Dude, being Irish, I am digging that color. Are you riding it this weekend at Snowshoe? Ya gotta give a spin on it.

PS
My 9.5 is in and in the same build condition, I am hoping I will have it in shape for the weekend (if the big brown is not late)
Well, the green does look schweet and I did it because green is my favorite color for a number of reasons, my anglo-gaelic heritage least among them. :biggrin:

I have to live vicariously through the purchases of others, as I am not likely to need a new frame any time soon. That one shooore looks pimp!

willpowa

Chimp
Sep 6, 2004
Aw man; that's a loud looking ride for a soft spoken fella like you! I agree with whale about the red rims, tho.

BUCKET

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
Rocktown, VA
Awesome bike man!

I'll be in the market for some new wheels (again) soon, and I may look into a set of those. How do they compare to wheels built with Mavic rims?

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
i don't have much experience with DHing mavic's, just Suns. i've had some major hits on these and only 1 flat this season (luckily not in a race run). in my opinion, right or wrong, these rims are softer and will dent and bend more before flatting. that said, i typically only get about 1 season out of my rims and my bombshells are timing out with my season pretty well.

plus, i really dig the switch it hubs. my dj bike is a qr front, my old bullit was a qr rear. my r9 is bolt on both. i can use this wheelset on all my bikes.

E.C.

Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
South Central Pa.
Is that the only pic you could find where I was a whole straightaway behind you?..doh , I better shut up before you post a bunch more lol.What's up with your eyes in that pic? possessed maybe? I better start training now.