Quantcast

Ashford 2007: There's a new team to contend with.....

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
So when exactly is this friggin race? The website says like 4 different dates and none of them make sense. The registration link for active.com brings up registration for the 2005 race.

I friggin' HATE when events don't update their websites.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I think you should consider some alternate names:

UPP Upturned Pig Posse
GLOR Gorgeous Ladies of Ridemonkey
ISB Inverted Swine Broads
Down With OPP (Overturned Pork Products)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
GLOR Is a good one!

Regarding the Pig name - don't forget Pig Iron will probably be a race sponsor with one or two teams again. Just in case you don't want your name being confued with theirs.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
that does suit you, but I thought you were under contract and had to go with 4MAAB?

also, what happened to the plan that everyone was going solo this year?
I do sort of like "Four Monkeys and a Baboon" because for a two man team it's just so stupid. :D

If I survive the two man, I'm going solo next year.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Wow, looks like I need to start rallying the troops for [insert our team name here which I've already forgotten]. I'd be interested in doing it as a duo, if I could find someone who is around the same level as me. (same level = slow).

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
FYI, I had e-mailed about pre-ride dates:

Pre-Ride Dates

Below you will find 2 available weekends as pre-ride dates for this event. The pre-ride hours are from 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM each day. Anyone pre-riding the course must check in at the campground main office upon arrival. From there, you will be directed as to where to park, how to get on the course and where to exit after finishing your ride. Please note there is a strict 5 MPH speed limit within the park, lots of kids & families so drive carefully.

*Saturday, August 18th

*Sunday, August 19th

*For the August 18 & 19 pre-ride dates, only the woods/trail portion of the course will be marked. The remaining (very short sections) that go through the campground will NOT be marked. Please be aware of and courteous to the campground patrons during your pre-ride visit.

Saturday, September 8th (entire course marked)

Sunday, September 9th (entire course marked)

Thank you for your patience in receiving this information.