Quantcast

Ashford 2007: There's a new team to contend with.....

spinkid

Chimp
Aug 10, 2007
Connecticut
Hello all, This will be my first time doing the 24 hr. thing, could you help with a good arrival time the day of the race, or is it better to camp out Friday? Oh btw, a 2-person team as well. Thank you

splat

Nam I am
Hello all, This will be my first time doing the 24 hr. thing, could you help with a good arrival time the day of the race, or is it better to camp out Friday? Oh btw, a 2-person team as well. Thank you

well It depends on how far away you are . I am about an Hour , and I plan on setting up camp on friday , but getting a good nights sleep at home frinday night and getting back to Ashford by about 9am Saturday Morning , remeber the race starts at 11

spinkid

Chimp
Aug 10, 2007
Connecticut
splat, Thanks for that. I am about an hour south and never thought of setting up camp the day before and driving up ready to go in the morning. :lighten:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
spinkid, welcome to ridemonkey!

Like splat said, we'll go Friday just to set up and do an easy pre-ride, then sleep at home Friday night. MtnBikerChk and I live in Simsbury...maybe a 1:15 drive.

If you are just going to arrive Saturday without coming Friday, you should probably get there a few hours before the race to set up your camp (maybe 8:00?). You don't want to have to worry about that once the race starts.