Quantcast

Asian hordes invade Tahoe, film at 11

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
It is interesting to see the adjustment to others cultures and who adjusts more/better. And we get called ugly and have bad international reps...

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
80-82ish for me. Got sick of it one day and walked out, never to return...

Dang dude...we dragged bags at the same time/place. I was the little kid with the green shirt, baseball hat and caddy button. Oh yeah, I carried a towel too.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
This is a situation which might hard to understand for someone from another country, but let me say that almost all American non-whites have experienced some form of racism, from snide comments to outright discrimination.
The number of white Americans who have experienced some form of racism would probably surprise you.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
The number of white Americans who have experienced some form of racism would probably surprise you.
Yeah, it would.

I hope you aren't going to mention reverse discrimination/affirmative action.

I rather hear a story about growing up in Long Beach or the Lower East Side.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
That's not nice...

I'm not angry. Angry would have been playing basketball with the dumb cvnt's head on the snow as I explained the skier/snowboarder responsibility code.

This is just me annoyed. Anger management has actually worked. The old me would have knocked someone out by this point.

Than god for days off.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Six and three is nine
Nine and nine is eighteen
Look there brother baby and see what Ive seen
Hidehey
Baby dont you wanna go
Back to that same old place
Sweet home chicago

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
Hey DirtMcGirk... Can you give me a heads up on what the snow is like right now? I get back to Tahoe on Friday. Did it warm up enough just enough to turn the snow to poo?
What's the good word?

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Like wisconsin has anything to offer. Other than the brat stop, what have ya got?
You got me? But in the summer we tour buses FULL of Chicagoans here.
I guess they are here for...
Lots of cheap parking, (had a chi-towner explain that it is cheaper to park illegally here in Milwaukee & get a ticket than pay for expen$ive Chi parking), tons less traffic (you can go from one corner of the city to the other in 20 mins.), restaurants are cheaper, the skiing is better (alpine *cue -SS-;s comment s about midwest skiing* & nordic), lots of state parks/nature in Southern WI.....I am sure I can figure out more the longer I live here.

I doesn't help that we live in Downtown & a block from one of the cities biggest entertainment districts. But seriously we frequent the bakery & Italian grocer around the corner all the time....but you will NEVER catch me there on the weekend, unless I have a tiramasu jones or meatball sub jones...then I always regret it. Those places are packed with touristas from IL on the weekend. :banghead:

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
What's wrong with FIB's?? And yeah, Wisconsin really doesn't have sh*t to offer....even when I lived in Chicago I would still avoid Wisconsin unless I was buying fireworks. No offense but Milwaukee I put at about the same level as Detroit in terms of one of the only two places that can make Chicago look fresh.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
What's wrong with FIB's?? And yeah, Wisconsin really doesn't have sh*t to offer....even when I lived in Chicago I would still avoid Wisconsin unless I was buying fireworks. No offense but Milwaukee I put at about the same level as Detroit in terms of one of the only two places that can make Chicago look fresh.
Nothing's wrong. I just think the whole FIB-Wisco rivalry is funny...especially being an outsider.

You obviously are not in the demo of the touristas that invade our neighborhood, wait, are you an middle aged with a disposable income? ;)

...but if you ever are in the brew city, bring your bike. There is some nice urban singletrack right near my house & tons of urban to hit up.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
..........urban singletrack?

I get back to Chicago every so often. Usually when someone gets married or someone dies. And I am far from middle aged, unless I plan to die at 48, which is always a possibility.

I never understood the whole rivalry thing either. There are plenty of people who come in from Wisconsin and clog up the inner city not knowing how to drive above a walking pace. I think it's just a higher brow form of road rage.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Nothing's wrong. I just think the whole FIB-Wisco rivalry is funny...especially being an outsider.

...but if you ever are in the brew city, bring your bike. There is some nice urban singletrack right near my house & tons of urban to hit up.
Kettle Morain is nice, bordering on great at times. When there arent too many FIBs about!

Milwaukee singletrack single speed friendly?

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
Dirt your comments about Asians are great. They same thing is said here in CO but replace Asians with Texans. Sounds like the Asians are smart enough to chain up though. The Texans drive their big trucks with bald summer tires then look confused as to why they are stuck. At least once a year I explain how you have to get out and lock the hubs for the 4wd to really work.

Now your complaints about no tips and needing extra for what you do teaching. Stop your whining and welcome to being a instructor. When you teach beginners you expect to be picking people up off the snow. You also expect your skis or boards to be run over and walked on. Sounds like you are just another instructor that thinks you are special because you are an instructor.

How do you know if their is a ski/snowboard instructor at your party? Don't worry they will tell you.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Kettle Morain is nice, bordering on great at times. When there arent too many FIBs about!

Milwaukee singletrack single speed friendly?

there is only quick up's & down's, no real climbs & no real dh's, so I would say yes. besides the lack of elevation it is a nice trail to be smack dab in the middle of the city.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
there is only quick up's & down's, no real climbs & no real dh's, so I would say yes. besides the lack of elevation it is a nice trail to be smack dab in the middle of the city.
Maybe next time I am home (Chicago suburbs...) I will lug my ss along...