Quantcast

...at least she's got a nice rack

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
my beater suby that is :D

for the entire time that i've had this beast of a car i've had to tote the bikes around on a rickety trunk rack that made my bikes tire stick out about 2' on the side. so i found a killer deal on a pair of sportsworks racks that someone had special ordered a while back and never picked up. i couldn't pass up the deal and after about an hour of "modifying" my factory rack to accept the limited size clamp of the sportsworks, viola! so now, if my demo and my P2 are on the car at the same time, the value of my car is nearly trippled :thumb:
it fits lil manimal's 20" DH rig as well as his 16" haro dj bike too :thumb:

btw, this car can hang with just about any monster mud truck, sans the clearance issue. i had to take her through a mud hole/pit to get out of the parking area at the last DH race and she crawled through it like a centipede on crack. i dig beater cars:clapping:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
ha, yeah right. i had a HUGE one on my old truck and had some hillbillies (literal) give me the evil eye and flash a big bowie knife....so i slowly inched over and ran them off the highway. and that was before my current profession. i say "bring it".

don't get me wrong, i'm down with country folk, rednecks are a different breed, it's an attitude thing.

stickers on the other side.....i'm probably the only semi-conservative that drives a suby :think: all my friends call me a lesbian for driving one, i guess i kind of am. ;)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I thought you were going to paint in rattle can green like the bike?

You must be a closet liberal, only hippies have bumper stickers.;)

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
I thought you were going to paint in rattle can green like the bike?

You must be a closet liberal, only hippies have bumper stickers.;)
the paint job is in the works, just waiting for teh right weather since i refuse to paint it in my garage and stink up the whole house. (AC filter/intake is in the garage)

and compared to many of my uber-conservative co-workers, i am liberal ;)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
the paint job is in the works, just waiting for teh right weather since i refuse to paint it in my garage and stink up the whole house. (AC filter/intake is in the garage)

and compared to many of my uber-conservative co-workers, i am liberal ;)

You should add a couple of rally stripes made to look like .50 cal belt ammo.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Nice one Manimal. I remember back a few years when ya had to sell ya DH bike cos times were tough. Good to see things are much better now.:thumb:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Nice one Manimal. I remember back a few years when ya had to sell ya DH bike cos times were tough. Good to see things are much better now.:thumb:
haha..yup and thanks :D We're still tight, but we just had to learn how to use our $$ wisely. one of those lessons is paying cash for everything including cars, hence the $2k i smacked down for this baby ;)
i may never get rich in my profession but at least i enjoy what i do and try to live within my means.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
nope, haven't had any problems but the engine only has around 50k miles and i'm not sure what was done to the tranny if anything. the car has around 170k miles but i don't know if it's on the original tranny.