Quantcast

At the risk of seeming callous (no debate here)

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/South/05/25/sailor.overboard/index.html

Is it not part of basic training? "When chasing a football on a ship, if it gets close to the edge, let it go".

Jesus Christ....you're coming home from war, you're almost home and you kill yourself falling off the boat?

I feel bad for his family..."Yeah...he was a soldier... I know...tragic......so young....What's that? No no...nothing like that. He fell off the boat chasing a football. Yeah..."

It's like a scene from the Naked Gun or something...

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Originally posted by MMike
http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/South/05/25/sailor.overboard/index.html

Is it not part of basic training? "When chasing a football on a ship, if it gets close to the edge, let it go".

Jesus Christ....you're coming home from war, you're almost home and you kill yourself falling off the boat?

I feel bad for his family..."Yeah...he was a soldier... I know...tragic......so young....What's that? No no...nothing like that. He fell off the boat chasing a football. Yeah..."

It's like a scene from the Naked Gun or something...
Reminds of an old Adam Sandler one liner "if you drop your keys into molten lava don't bother looking for them because, like, they're gone".
Sad though for sure.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Originally posted by SwisSlesS
That sucks a lot. But really, how are you going to survive a whole war only to fall overboard on the way home?
when the trip home is longer than the war...

:rolleyes:

I agree Mike, you're callous, but so am I...

LoboDelFuego

Monkey
Mar 5, 2002
How the hell did he drown? It doesnt make sense that someone should die just from falling overboard nowadays? Dont they have life preservers or floating donut things they could throw him? cant they just stop the boat and throw him a rope/ladder?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Originally posted by LoboDelFuego
How the hell did he drown? It doesnt make sense that someone should die just from falling overboard nowadays? Dont they have life preservers or floating donut things they could throw him? cant they just stop the boat and throw him a rope/ladder?
That's part of the problem according to the article. No one threw him a life preserver... they claimed in the article that they stood on deck laughing at him. And the article said that they threw the boat in reverse and ran him over.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Originally posted by MMike
Isn't also a failry long drop to the water? That can't do you a whole lot of good either....
It really wasn't the fall that got him......................

It was the SUDDEN stop at the end that got him.....:eek:

:D