Quantcast

atomic ballistic pedals, help

squeerider

Chimp
Oct 23, 2001
boston
Hey team...
I have the opportunity to get my hands on the new atomlab ballistic pedals (www.atomlab.com). I was told I can either get them in the flatboy (see pics) model or the Trailking style. Which should I pick? I was thinking flatboy for racing, since they're so low-profile, as well as lightweight, but then I saw this picture (http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/pbpic22816.jpg) on pinkbike, and, well, that's not cool. He said he broke it in one day. What do you think? Go with the trailkings, be safe, or trust atomic's methods and go with the flatty? Any idea what i can get for a warranty? I thought they were pretty good with that....
Anyways, what's your call?

-Andrew

mtbtuc8700

Chimp
Nov 14, 2001
CT
Here is a little info.

The pedals pictured where a Proto pedal that had the improper spindal, and what not fit in properly. It was only a early proto production run. I talk to Atomic about it and they said that the axel has been changed, and all problems will be solved before they pedals are released.

Another thing, Atomic doesn't have the pedals in yet, they are still waiting on the next production run.
I was going to get the Ballistics also, but I couldn't wait any longer so I ordered the Aircorps, they should get here by the end of the week, so I will let you know what I think.
As for warr. I think Atomic makes bombproof parts and they stand by them.
Good luck choosing.

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
Originally posted by mtbtuc8700
Here is a little info.

The pedals pictured where a Proto pedal that had the improper spindal, and what not fit in properly. It was only a early proto production run. I talk to Atomic about it and they said that the axel has been changed, and all problems will be solved before they pedals are released.
Interesting... the pic looks like Garrett's pedal... I was with him when he broke it. He did a 5' wall drop to flat... didn't mention anything about it being a prototype... he was having a rough time that night... pinch-flatted 5 minutes into the ride and it all went bad from there...