Quantcast

Atomlab customer service?

Fish777

Chimp
Aug 26, 2007
I recently contacted Atomlab by email with great results for a few times. All of a sudden I didn't get any replies and I just figured something may have been going on though two of my messages are still unanswered after several days.

I decided I wanted to make an order regardless of the absence of email replies and did so last Thursday.
I have not received a ship notice yet so called just to see if there was any issues. I left a message and will give it another day before calling back which is also what the instructions on their machine said to do.

My question is as the title suggests...Does Atomlab have decent customer service or am I going to be disappointed in my efforts to get information?
I would think with all the pro atomlab post I see that they are a great company to deal with. I sure hope so.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
I've always had great customer service from Atomlab. Any issues that I've had (I stripped the cassette driver on my hub), Mike has taken care of quickly and easily.

It's basically just Mike and maybe one or two other people running the place. I have also noticed that you don't get the shipping notice right away, but you should get it soon. I'm not sure about your emails, but if you continue to have issues, just try to get ahold of Mike by phone. Hope that helps.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
I purchased a frame from them Thursday night and have had great customer service in just the process of buying the frame (I've been talking to Mike since last month). Anyhow, the very next day (friday) in the AM I got a call from Mike and he let me know they were out of all black frames (I wanted a black one for my build idea/color scheme) but he had an extra frame from interbike which had been handled and had scratched but gave me a killer deal on it.

Although, I did notice I also did not get a shipping notice. I do not believe they give you on, I think you need to write the code down after your order (When you made the order a page came up with your order code) and use that somewhere. But I'm not to worried, as I did talk to Mike and he said he was going to get things sorted out.

Fish777

Chimp
Aug 26, 2007
Very good to hear. I'll be able to chill out about it some now.

Admittedly, I'm anal about pretty much everything but I'm especially impatient about online orders for whatever reason.

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
atomlab=top notch CS. mike is awesome. the whole shipping notice thing got me the first time i ordered from them as well but mike proved multiple times since that there really is nothing to worry about. i'm EXTREMELY impatient too, especially with order off the net. don't worry about it:monkeydance:

hacksaw

Monkey
Feb 22, 2004
775 ,Northern Nevada
Yo! Fish
Mike and the Crew at Atomlab are busy setteling into their new Warehouse ,they moved the entire shop down the road all duing the week prior to and during Interbike. So don't fret . The guys will take care of you for sure..

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
I got this email from Mike about a week after I sent it, and after I got a call from him Friday.

Scott,

Your stuff shipped out last week. You should see it soon. The red rims are scheduled to come in about 6 weeks, but I'm trying to get them in sooner. I will let you know.

Cheers,

Mike Flaherty, President
www.atomlab.com
26370 Diamond Place #505
Santa Clarita, CA 91350
(661) 284-2807
Needless to say, any of my worries have been reassured now.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
I just got a email back from Mike for some questions I had on the GI60 fork. It only took about a day and a half so maybe they are getting caught up.

Slightly off topic - Hacksaw have you had much time on the GI60 fork? If so how do you like it? At $240 and 5 lbs (although I think Tim said it was heavier at Interbike?) it sounds like a deal. Just have to wait 6 weeks fo rhtem tho...

hacksaw

Monkey
Feb 22, 2004
775 ,Northern Nevada
The GI60 fork is pretty damn cool.I rode one for about a month and it was set up with the stiffest springs and elastomers and it rode really well ,it really shined on the street ,I felt pretty damn comfy riding on a fork that was cro-mo .Weight wise it did not feel any different than the RST Space that I am and have been riding for a year and a half now. Mike is working out the little snags that always surface when bringing out a new product like this and when they hit the streets hopefully everyone will be able to enjoy a fork that you can punish and it won't cost you an arm and a leg....

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
i'm also interested in one of the GI60's. i almost want to sell my pike to get one. the pike is just too complicated for street/jump use, although i may lower it a bit and just go with it.

Fish777

Chimp
Aug 26, 2007
Sorry to resurrect this post but I wanted to give props to Atomlab.

Just like a previous poster, I never got a shipping notice but did receive the order in about 5 days and WOW!! Pimp rims are pretty burly built, eh?
I can't wait till they get built which should be done by next week!!!

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
so, myself and my buyer were rather annoyed with Atom Lab today. I'll spare the details, but let me just say that Mike has potentially saved the face of Atom Lab, as far as my shop is concerned. He might've also saved a kid's trip to Whistler.

And I don't feel like an asshole that let his customer down.