Quantcast

Att: Comfort Downhillers

Mr Big

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
The Betty Ford Clinic
This is to let you know that the course is COMPLETE. If any changes are done you may be subject to disqualification from the race. If you have any questions or concerns pm me.

doug

igotabike

Chimp
Nov 8, 2003
atx
if the course is complete where are all the landings for the jumps? while that may be one of the best dh courses in texas it needs A LOT of work

dirtyj

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
austin
doug check your pm box for my number. me and shane and the crew will come up with a date to meet up with you, so we can start on the new course for next year.

Weaver

Monkey
Oct 27, 2003
austin, TX
Originally posted by dirtyj
doug check your pm box for my number. me and shane and the crew will come up with a date to meet up with you, so we can start on the new course for next year.

id like to get in on this too...

toonces

Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
nowhere
Originally posted by igotabike
whats this? are dirtyj and weaver going to work together? are pigs flying?
I should have taken a pic of dirty, weaver, and downhil standing at the top of the downhill course chatting. Precious hehe.

trialsmasta

Monkey
Oct 19, 2001
Austin TX
Originally posted by toonces
I should have taken a pic of dirty, weaver, and downhil standing at the top of the downhill course chatting. Precious hehe.
So when can we actually see the pictures that you did take?

Crash_Tested

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
wCo
Originally posted by trialsmasta
So when can we actually see the pictures that you did take?
My wife got a shot of you and I posted it on moho ->here
It was taken from a sequence of 4 or 5 shots. I have the unedited digital versions if you want them.

dirtyj

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
austin
thats funny igotabike, but isn't there two more races? Wouldn't shane need to win thoughs races befor hes the texas downhillchamp.

Weaver

Monkey
Oct 27, 2003
austin, TX
thats funny igotabike, but isn't there two more races? Wouldn't shane need to win thoughs races befor hes the texas downhillchamp.
whats the "series".... kerrville and one other?

dirtyj

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
austin
very good. I'm going to try to make one of the races. I would like to get with someone and start a tx ark series. have 3 races here and 4 races there. will see.

Weaver

Monkey
Oct 27, 2003
austin, TX
very good. I'm going to try to make one of the races. I would like to get with someone and start a tx ark series. have 3 races here and 4 races there. will see.
that would kick ass....

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
an urban-downhill course in austin as part of the Texas series would be kewl! i dont know Austin very well so i dont know if there is such a line to be developed.

igotabike

Chimp
Nov 8, 2003
atx
tmbra says comfort is the only official dh race in texas. i dont think its right to have only 1 race to determine a champ but until we can form a good dh scene here in texas thats the way it has to be. if any of you have seen a real world cup course then you know comfort and kerrville are just xc courses

northshorerat

Monkey
Oct 7, 2001
we did have a good scene, then it just went away. kelly creek was the only dh race and it is historically won by a hardtail.

Weaver

Monkey
Oct 27, 2003
austin, TX
Originally posted by azonicist
i would like to add.
if anybody wants to comment about the course please do so. it will help more that you know

here goes:

1. Flow

2. some alternate lines that if you can do them (they may be harder) they are faster and help maintain speed

3. Flow

4. backsides to jumps and bigger jumps

5. Flow

6. Berms in a couple areas to maintain speed

7. Flow

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Originally posted by northshorerat
kelly creek was the only dh race and it is historically won by a hardtail.
........XC rider.

then again, Sager is proving himself to be a world-class XC rider.

Mr Big

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
The Betty Ford Clinic
good.

anybody got more.

Originally posted by Weaver
here goes:

1. Flow

2. some alternate lines that if you can do them (they may be harder) they are faster and help maintain speed

3. Flow

4. backsides to jumps and bigger jumps

5. Flow

6. Berms in a couple areas to maintain speed

7. Flow

Weaver

Monkey
Oct 27, 2003
austin, TX
Originally posted by azonicist
good.

anybody got more.
id be happy with the courses if those few things james and i were talking about happened... mini berms to maintain speed... no "ball up" sections... make it tech AND fast....

im willing to get out there this summer and work on it with yall...

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
here's an idea...pack your bags and move to a state with mountains. :eek:

DH scene in Texas??? Maybe you can add the Kansas dh races to your Texas/Arkansas series. :rolleyes:

I think you should concentrate on dual slolam, freeride stuff, or MTNx and just head to New Mexico for the DH stuff.

Weaver

Monkey
Oct 27, 2003
austin, TX
Originally posted by profro
here's an idea...pack your bags and move to a state with mountains. :eek:

DH scene in Texas??? Maybe you can add the Kansas dh races to your Texas/Arkansas series. :rolleyes:

I think you should concentrate on dual slolam, freeride stuff, or MTNx and just head to New Mexico for the DH stuff.

haha...you dick!