Quantcast

Attitash is dead?

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
For having lift served riding - the runs were always so short. With all the other ride options in the North Conway area, I won't miss them.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
For having lift served riding - the runs were always so short. With all the other ride options in the North Conway area, I won't miss them.
It sounds like N Conway is becoming a riding destination. I liked attitash, they had some amazing runs and some absolute garbage. Always felt underutilized and driving up there meant you had to pass highland which would be a bit silly to ride attitash.

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
I loved the rawness of their trails. I always dug the race courses too. I think it would be a great addition to what's going on in that area now. Cranmore has lift service stuff, but it's geared towards families. Attitash trails were definitely not beginner friendly. The shuttles on Hurricane Mt Rd are great too. They are pretty much all getting routed to end in Cranmores parking lot now. That small lot on Hurricane Rd got overwhelmed really quickly. If Cranmore ran their summit lift for biking, you could connect to some the Hurricane trails. But they only run a lift for bikes that runs about halfway up.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
It sounds like N Conway is becoming a riding destination. I liked attitash, they had some amazing runs and some absolute garbage. Always felt underutilized and driving up there meant you had to pass highland which would be a bit silly to ride attitash.
Got a few days of riding in up there a couple years ago, and it was excellent stuff. Even more around there now, from what it seems. On my list to get back up there.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
see, at least attitash put out an announcement that there would be no summer ops. unlike certain other mountains that just went on radio silence and that was it.