Quantcast

Avalanche boxxer upgrade kit out! Will fit majority of forks!

Humph. I'd love one if I hadn't bestroyed my 08 WC, and if I didn't think the 35box was such a design improvement over the 32. I guess we'll have to see.

Kinda in the same boat. I want the new 35mm chassis if im gonna spring for the AVY conversion. Thats a combo that could be deadly.
I dont think its worth it in my 07 Team seeing as how the Push rebound upgrade is 140.

BUNKERCHUNKS

Monkey
Apr 8, 2008
EAST COAST
The main issue with the 40 chassis is the complete lack of a oil seal. This leads to some issues when it comes to having oil in the fork and keeping it there.
I realy don't understand your thinking here. It's just a bit of tear down and grind time. closed bath or not. enlighten me. John Kranked just tears em down and gets them running great in no time

Last edited:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Oh talked to craig and theres some good stuff for the 2010 boxxers on the way.

He is making the boxxer stuff first, the adapters for 32mm and the adapter kit for the 2010s then hes on to the 888s and so on.
So the kit will fit the new ones as well as a tuning package for the stock ones.

Last edited:

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Hmm... Im sending in my 5th to be done up so I can do my VPFree short-shock; I like my 888 but always seem to get shorted on travel unless I sink the oil height by 15mm.

Having been 90% MZ guy, Im wondering what I might like about the new damping setup? Ill probably do it, rather than shell out for a new fork when my chassis is in great shape. Does anyone *HAVE* this yet? comments? Avy is qual, but not nec the right choice for everyone... I SEEK FEEDBACK!!

WHAT!?!

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Hmm... Im sending in my 5th to be done up so I can do my VPFree short-shock;!?!
We just stuck one on a buddies bike that we abuse and its super nice, we need a heavier spring rate so its not relying on the valving but its adjustments actually do alot now and its easy to tune it....

As far as the feel alot I love the way avys feel always have I am not a huge fan of their fork weight if they were a bit lighter Id rock one and this is why the new AVA program kicks butt.
Im pretty excited to get one and run it as well as see all the new items coming out.
Craigs been quiet for a while getting it all ready so its good to see it transpire...

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
New service page for the AVA program is up! Lists the forks and shocks serviced as well as models now along with prices.

Huge lineup on the aftermarket tuning including the DHX shocks as well...

http://www.avalanchedownhillracing.com/AVA ADV.htm
hmm a update to their site! it seems they already have a upgrade for the 2010 Boxxers..lots of good stuff coming our way from them! gonna give Push a good run for their money

Last edited:

Runner

Monkey
Sep 21, 2007
CT
I assume he has been so slow responding to my email because he's been working on this :think:
But the boxxer kits look cool no doubt, especially since it is all out of CT.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Looks like a lot of neat new upgrades. I like that he has a compression adjuster and conversion for the DHX...have been toying with the idea of pushing mine and this would solve the debate between picking up a crappy 5th ele and having him toy with it, or having my DHX pushed and leaving it at that...

I wonder what the suspension pros think about the compression updater.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
what more needs too be improved on the 2010 Team / World cups...

they seem perfectly fine.
2010 WC damn near perfect fork LOVE the thing BUT it changes too much when I mess with the hi/lo speed (comp). I mess with the High and it seems to alter the lo too much. If there was more of a neutral zone between the 2 would be a good thing or maybe a different valving so the adjustments are more fine tuning vs the whole range.
Do not get me wrong I love my boxxer this year is a HUGE improvement over last years and the later updates to the 2010 make it even better (doesnt lock out LOL). Im impressed, they did a really good job on it. THeres always room for improvement especially on a fork designed for the massess and oe on bikes. The ultimate is always a custom tuned or tuneable set up if your willing to play with it a little it can be better or if your questionably stable then it could be worse! :D

Aside of that I love it, BUT if you can make it feel better like an AVY Id take that in a heart beat. BXR weight and ultimate plush

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
I wonder if Craig can make it fit a White Bros Fluid 150 29er fork. Its the only long travel option but it has no adjustability

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
Talked to Craig today and it is a big no. Hopefully something will come out at sea otter. I think RS will have something

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Just reading through his page and looking at stuff the FOX DHX upgrade looks to be solid.
Apparently its a true speed sensative upgrade and tune vs position sensative like other tunes out there.
Diggin the adjuster as well for it!

Looks like no more mod parts needed for it as far as housing as well to fit. just replaces old adjuster!!!!

http://www.avalanchedownhillracing.com/Fox DHX/Fox DHX 5.0 Highlow Adjuster Kit.htm
" Replaces ProPedal Adjuster with a Independent high/low compression adjuster system in the existing Fox piggyback housing."

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Push's tune for the DHX is a position sensitive system??
Actually, unless you get the MX upgrade, then yes, it still retrains position-sensitive aspects because it retains the boost-valve/propedal. Back in the day they offered a "race" tune that gutted the shock and got rid of the boost-valve and propedal adjustments, but many riders still wanted to be able to adjust their "pedaling" or "platform", and so Push stopped offering the "race" upgrade, which is also why the DHX shocks have been known to "spike", as it's the boost-valve that restricts the flow.

It's not completely a position senstive shock obviously, it's mostly speed sensitive, but it most certainly has position sensitive aspects. You only get rid of those by getting the MX tune, or supposedly this new Avalanche tune.

Last edited:

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
and what happened to that VIVID tune push was developing a while back? From the look of it, it seemed they made ir into a DB, where you had hi and low compression as well as hi and lo rebound (although it would work as a DB because it doesnt have the oil flow capabilities the DB has since it only has "one" barrel)

demo8razor

Monkey
Mar 31, 2008
Also new on the avalanche advantage part of the site is shim kits with guides for the new 888. also, when i spoke with Craig he said the dates on the site should be pretty accurate, not really a question of "if" anymore.