Quantcast

Avalanche DHF8 Ti Freeride Setup vs DHF8 dual damper

B

bighitfsr

I'm very close to ordering an Avalanche DHF8 Ti setup for freeriding and medium sized drops (I weigh 176lbs with all my gear on).

Ideally Id like to hear from people who've ridden both the dual damper DHF8 and the DHF8Ti setup for freeriding and medium drops.

If you've ridden both forks could you please describe the difference in performance between the two:
- bottoming resistance?
- small bump sensitivity?
- range of compression and rebound adjustment?

If you've ridden only the DHF8 or the DHF8Ti if you could compare the performance to an 03 dorado that would be great.

Basically I like my forks setup so they'll use 60-80% of their travel over small to medium bumps without bottoming out harshly off medium sized drops (6ft to tranny).
I have my current forks (xvert carbons setup like this, they blow through about 6 out of 7 inches of travel when hammering through rougher setions of trail but never bottom out harshly even on drops as big as 8ft.
If I stand over the bike I can push my carbons thru about 5.5 inches of travel (pretty soft setup).
Ideally I'd like a slightly softer setup to what I've got now without loosing any bighit capability (not that big really, max 10ft to a really good tranny). I figure this is pretty reasonsable since I'll have an extra inch of travel.

I emailed Craig@avalanche and he thought the DHF8Ti setup for freeride would be fine for my riding style and weight. I'm just looking for as many opinions as I can get as Its a big chunk off cash I'm spending so I want to make the right choice.

FYI I'm in Australia so I cant easily line up a test ride.
The fork is going on a bighit with a custom 9 inch linkage and avalanche rear shock.

Do the DHF8Ti forks have that same bottomless feel that the DHS rear shocks do? The dual damper DHF8 is supposed to feel like this from what I've heard (cause thats what I want). Love my DHS rear shock makes drops a total joke, its like landing on a water bed.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Originally posted by Brian HCM#1
The Ti is for DH only, the dual damper DHF8 is the one you want.
things have changed somewhat, there are more than 2 models now.

Oct 1, 2001
Michigan
Originally posted by bighitfsr
I'm very close to ordering an Avalanche DHF8 Ti setup for freeriding and medium sized drops (I weigh 176lbs with all my gear on).

Ideally Id like to hear from people who've ridden both the dual damper DHF8 and the DHF8Ti setup for freeriding and medium drops.

If you've ridden both forks could you please describe the difference in performance between the two:
- bottoming resistance?
- small bump sensitivity?
- range of compression and rebound adjustment?

If you've ridden only the DHF8 or the DHF8Ti if you could compare the performance to an 03 dorado that would be great.

Basically I like my forks setup so they'll use 60-80% of their travel over small to medium bumps without bottoming out harshly off medium sized drops (6ft to tranny).
I have my current forks (xvert carbons setup like this, they blow through about 6 out of 7 inches of travel when hammering through rougher setions of trail but never bottom out harshly even on drops as big as 8ft.
If I stand over the bike I can push my carbons thru about 5.5 inches of travel (pretty soft setup).
Ideally I'd like a slightly softer setup to what I've got now without loosing any bighit capability (not that big really, max 10ft to a really good tranny). I figure this is pretty reasonsable since I'll have an extra inch of travel.

I emailed Craig@avalanche and he thought the DHF8Ti setup for freeride would be fine for my riding style and weight. I'm just looking for as many opinions as I can get as Its a big chunk off cash I'm spending so I want to make the right choice.

FYI I'm in Australia so I cant easily line up a test ride.
The fork is going on a bighit with a custom 9 inch linkage and avalanche rear shock.

Do the DHF8Ti forks have that same bottomless feel that the DHS rear shocks do? The dual damper DHF8 is supposed to feel like this from what I've heard (cause thats what I want). Love my DHS rear shock makes drops a total joke, its like landing on a water bed.
Sorry for the public spam, but there is no way I can see to PM you, and you have the email option turned off under your user profile. I'm selling a near new (ridden 3x) DHF ti 8. We weigh exactly the same and it's set up for exactly what your looking for. It's in buy and sell. PM or email me with any questions.