Quantcast

Avalanche's Fox DHX2 and Float X2 upgrades

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
So it looks like Avalanche has released their speed sensitive valving for the DHX2 and X2. From what I gather, Avalanche is using the same piston they're using when upgrading regular Fox Float shocks. Yes it has shims. I'm hoping they add details about the upgrade and how it works (like they've done for other shocks), and add better pics of the upgraded parts they're adding. It would also be good to know how the adjusters work now that they don't need to cover a vast range of settings.

Thoughts?

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
The 2017 X2 sees some significant internal damper revisions (not just the CS whacked on that many seem to assume - and that the Avalanche website somewhat insinuates) so for a new buyer I'd suggest holding out for the updated version.

If I was buying a new X2 and had to spend another US$249 on it I'd almost certainly get a different shock.

This product might have some value to an existing owner who is unhappy with their shock. I think it's difficult to comment on the magnitude of that value without trying it though.