Quantcast

Avid Juicy 5 vs. Juicy 7

greenhood

Turbo Monkey
Jun 12, 2006
SEATTLE-MINNEAPOLIS
I am most likely buying a set of either 5's or 7's this week. Just wondering about the main differences between the two and if I should be looking at some other brand for my trailbike. Thanks in advance.

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
the only difference between the two is the adjustment knob is on the levers instead of an allen adjustment on the caliper...the only reason i picked the 7's over the 5's is because they were onsale for almost the same price as the 5's...if you do end up getting the 7's i suggest the new model since it has a new knob on the top...the older models, if you crash the knobs break pretty easy, mine havn't broken off YET but they are pretty scuffed up

Jun 18, 2004
here's my illogic: either buy a set of last years 5's cause they're black, this years 7's cause they're black, or get the ultimate's if you want to blow all your dough... in which case make sure you get the rear 140mm rotor w/post...

novarider

Chimp
Aug 17, 2005
Northern VA
theres really no difference between the 7s and 5 except for the adjustment knobs, and of course aesthetics. i dont like a lot of silver so i got the 2006 5s over the 2006 7s. the 2007 7s i think are black.

and IMHO you cant compare the modulation of the Avids to the crappy modulation of Hayes