Quantcast

awwww shit. IT'S ON

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
That turned into a really good race after it looked like the rain had ruined it. Wholesome scenes when Goldstone had it in the bag.
Very impressed with Brosnan who was the first to take things to another level.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I have the app and a phone with Internet connection you silly old man.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
How good was the filming? Seems like commentary is getting better also.

Fuck I'm hungover this morning though. Offt that was a good race.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
FUCK
THE
UCI
I agree,this is a clusterfuck on many ways. I still have not understood all the new rules. I said that they are Pros and will adjust to it. They will,but that does not mean this new format is bad.

Why are they doing 3 Full out runs,two in one day?

I think there is going tobe Alot more injuries because they are going to the Well too many times. The Semi,Final is insane to me? Balls Out twice I would think they are Spent! Gota eat,rest the mind,ice the body,and try to relax. Then comes the Final.

Fuckin Stupid,you want me to risk the well being of the Best DH riders in the World so you can get another run? Fuck You!

Let’s go back to the old way. One Time Final. Best rider wins. 1 Time to Shine.

Last,I like how it seems tome to have been helping the Jr’s. I think it is because of the smaller field format?

Avy

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
I agree,this is a clusterfuck on many ways. I still have not understood all the new rules. I said that they are Pros and will adjust to it. They will,but that does not mean this new format is bad.

Why are they doing 3 Full out runs,two in one day?

I think there is going tobe Alot more injuries because they are going to the Well too many times. The Semi,Final is insane to me? Balls Out twice I would think they are Spent! Gota eat,rest the mind,ice the body,and try to relax. Then comes the Final.

Fuckin Stupid,you want me to risk the well being of the Best DH riders in the World so you can get another run? Fuck You!

Let’s go back to the old way. One Time Final. Best rider wins. 1 Time to Shine.

Last,I like how it seems tome to have been helping the Jr’s. I think it is because of the smaller field format?

Avy
They aren't, the intensity brought in the finals was on a totally different level.

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
iles? awesome. troy? awesome. goldstone? hell yeah. but fuckin' daprela....wooooo doggie.
I've rewatched his run twice now. Three big near-misses, including riding out the bottom corner on his dick. Damn near won it.

Loved his mid run letting go of the bars to shake his hands out and back on it.

Who was the junior who's headtube seperated? Was that the new GT or the old one?

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
the pic earlier?
I thought that was Roger (lucky) Vierra?
Ah yep thats it. Isn't he the privateer that scored that frame from GT on Wyn's privateer thingy? Yeesh, hope it doesn't make them rethink participating in the scheme because its a great idea.

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
The points system is stupid, the structure is stupid, the coverage is stupid, and the sport is now stupid in aggregate. I can't power through another broadcast. This is terrible.

XC racing is still great, and the coverage is as good as it always was.

Chris Ball sucks.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
@toodles
Roger and his family worked for a long standing UK distributor (Rogers main sponsor incl Oneal, E*13 suntour etc. ) who went bust earlier this year. I heard he also then suffered theft of his bike(s). Wyn's support couldn't have been more apt. Then this. Phew.. How many ladders did the boy walk under?

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
@toodles
Roger and his family worked for a long standing UK distributor (Rogers main sponsor incl Oneal, E*13 suntour etc. ) who went bust earlier this year. I heard he also then suffered theft of his bike(s). Wyn's support couldn't have been more apt. Then this. Phew.. How many ladders did the boy walk under?
Yeah just listened to a podcast with him. Looks like he got sorted with another bike for the race at least but poor bastard is on a run of shit luck at the moment. His results have been bloody good for a privateer, hopefully someone picks him up. He's doing better than a lot of big names.