Quantcast

Az. Downhillin?

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Vno said:
Flag has to be the best. Not sure who does a shuttle, just contact your LBS in the area.
Sunrise is supposed to have a bad azz run.

I do know that there is a 7am shuttle on sundays at South Mountain.

Vno

Monkey
Jul 24, 2002
South Mountain
Haven't done the Sunrise thing yet, heard it's great....better than Big Bear. Looking forward to giving it a try this summer, just wish it wasn't a 4 hour drive.

Vno

Monkey
Jul 24, 2002
South Mountain
stinkyboy said:
Sunrise is supposed to have a bad azz run.

I do know that there is a 7am shuttle on sundays at South Mountain.
Have you done the shuttle? Do a lot of people show up? How much is it? Where does it pick up? Damn....7 is early!

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
i did the races they had at sunrise till the Indians got greedy and wanted 5k a day to use lifts that were running for tourist sightseeing!

the runs are fun and the lift fast. worth checking out for sure.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Vno said:
Have you done the shuttle? Do a lot of people show up? How much is it? Where does it pick up? Damn....7 is early!
Yea once so far, but because of various levels of hungoverness, we got there late, but made it for the last run (around 11am). There were 7 riders on the last run. I think it's customary to throw the driver around $10, and he picks ya up at the very south end of Central Ave, it starts to wind up the mountain, but before you get into the park. You'll see other cars parked there. I may hit it again this sunday.

Vno

Monkey
Jul 24, 2002
South Mountain
stinkyboy said:
Yea once so far, but because of various levels of hungoverness, we got there late, but made it for the last run (around 11am). There were 7 riders on the last run. I think it's customary to throw the driver around $10, and he picks ya up at the very south end of Central Ave, it starts to wind up the mountain, but before you get into the park. You'll see other cars parked there. I may hit it again this sunday.
So there's multiple runs. I was under the impression there was one at 7 and I sure as h$ll wasn't going to make that!

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Yea, dude picks ya up at the end and runs back up to the other side of the mountain, where there may or may not be people waiting and some riders may bail at their cars. I'll be looking for a yellow Gem.

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
They don't run the shuttle every weekend. Check with Kore bikes over on Scottsdale road. They usually know if its running or not. If there's an event at Bootleg Canyon or somewhere else, they probably won't be running it. They will also be at Sunrise for the opening weekend as well.
If you go to Flagstaff, check with the guys at AZ Bikes. Super cool guys and they'll give you the skinny on the Flagstaff scene. Also check out the Pay n Take. Its a little bar/convenience store downtown that is definitely the place to be. Always full of riders and you can buy a six pack of beer and drink it there. They also have great coffee.
Flagstaff rules.

mountaingoat

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
Hell Paso Texas
What about Tucson? There HAS to be some good DHing over there? I have been
rawk klimbin over there.. Yall should have some awesome shuttle runs there in Tucson.. Winter riding..