Quantcast

Azonic Outlaw Wheels

Matt22inch

Chimp
Apr 28, 2009
FTL Ga.
Are these any good for the money? I have a less than ok wheelset on my eastern Night Train. Let me know if what you think.

Holler at your boy!

freeridefool

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
medford, or
I love my outlaws. Granted they arnt as good as some custom setup but I havent had any problems with them. I forgot do order the 10mm step down axel so I called azonic and they sent me one for free. I ended up just grinding my frame for the 12 though.

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
I love my outlaws. Granted they arnt as good as some custom setup but I havent had any problems with them. I forgot do order the 10mm step down axel so I called azonic and they sent me one for free. I ended up just grinding my frame for the 12 though.

wish i knew that before i bought a 10mm. I have a second set i will have to call them before i order another one. I guess it dosent hurt to try.

future refrence it is easier and cheaper if you screw up to grind the axle down and not the frame.

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
I'm talking about the axle. I need a 14mm axle in the rear and a 20mm front. Hell I'll call them and see what the deal is.
i understand that but is the night train 110mm bmx spaced or 135mm mtb spaced? It will be hard to find a 14mm axle 135mm spaced 14mm is usually bmx hubs. Profile makes one that is mtb 14mm don't know anyone else off hand

AtTheGates

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
It will be hard to find a 14mm axle 135mm spaced 14mm is usually bmx hubs. Profile makes one that is mtb 14mm don't know anyone else off hand
I think DMR makes a 14x135 hub or wheel set. They might be closer to the outlaw in price.

Edit: I found this:

http://www.google.com/products?q=dmr+bikes+revolver+hub+14&hl=en

The DMR page shows a hub that looks like a free wheel version. Based on the prices of their other freewheel hubs, they should be cheaper if you can find one.

Last edited:

sixgun_sound

Monkey
Sep 24, 2007
Yakima, WA
Yeah, I have an eastern frame w/ 14x135 rear hub. Eastern makes 3/8" to 14mm stepdown washers. They are available on daniel's competion. Have your shop get you some.

Matt22inch

Chimp
Apr 28, 2009
FTL Ga.
well its got the stock wheels on it. The hubs are ok but the rims are some off brand I have never heard of. They are double wall but for some reason they don't like to stay true. I have built quite a few wheels and know how to true and tension wheels. I think these are just crap rims...... Plus I'm 6'5" 235lbs and ride park and trails. so I might need to build a stronger set.