Quantcast

(*) Bada Bing Bada Bang gmt(*)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I do have a pedal bike still! Of course, I don't ride it: my belt drive drop bar commuter. The 1 kW commuter e-bike is much more fun.

Also have this coming springtime or so, preordered. For Trestle days.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Just went through old posts and it seems my last DH race was a podium at northstar in 2010 or the corral hollow downhill. Either way its been a while on a long travel bike, The year after Race across america I had a few bikes but was without a bike since I sold the bronson in 2014, After that I started the non profits and didnt ride pedals at all until this year. So 12 years off DH and 8 years off pedals.
Considering cycling is about the only way I can retain the least amount of sanity I have, I don’t know how you made it 8 years.
I am 3 years in on selling my DH bike though. New crop of endurbro bikes are so good, honestly only miss it at Windrock.
Long and the short is the GG will be bad ass.

Last edited:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Considering cycling is about the only way I can retain the least amount of sanity I have, I don’t know how you made it 8 years.
I am 3 years in on selling my DH bike though. New new crop of endurbro bikes are so good, honestly only miss it at Windrock.
Long and the short is the GG will be bad ass.
I have always had a substantial fleet of motos, Not the same but still bikes I guess

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Being a moto/jeep guy I can really appreciate real suspension and the custom adjustability factor with a brand like Ohlins, It just wasnt an option when I was racing bikes. Gawd that was almost 11 years ago since I was on my square tube DHR
if you go with the Gnarvana and want a coil, consider the Push ElevenSix. I have one on my trail bike and it's the best rear shock I've ever had. I wanted one for the DH bike, but Push isn't making one in the size I needed, hence the Ohlins.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
if you go with the Gnarvana and want a coil, consider the Push ElevenSix. I have one on my trail bike and it's the best rear shock I've ever had. I wanted one for the DH bike, but Push isn't making one in the size I needed, hence the Ohlins.
Got a couple messages out to see if the Ohlins are in stock, Ive been a moto suspension guru and have Ohlins on some of my motos and already have the tools and background on them so would prob stick with what I know and can rebuild and tune myself. Back in the day Push was just a tuning service, seems they have come a long ways since then no doubt. I just like the fact I can buy what ever spring config I want from Ohlins, same with my motos and jeep coil overs.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
currently WFH as a click reload every 5 minutes on my COVID test I sent out. FUCKING UPDATE. Right now everything is a COVID symptom

tons of meeting today, so spending all of my time in my chair. Thankfully, I absolutely grenaded my legs with apparently too hard of a workout on Wednesday. Like, every muscle in my legs is sore. Oops. I guess I thought 6mo of heavier bike riding than I have ever done previously would have left me in good shape...nope.

Finally got a SS gift in. More today, and the last on Monday. I might be on time!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Back in the day Push was just a tuning service, seems they have come a long ways since then no doubt
yea, they've definitely been shifting away from tuning, and more towards their own product manufacturing.

just checked their website - it would appear they no longer list service for fox products. only RS, and even then only 4 fork models.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
I think I must be the only person in the world who didn’t like their ElevenSix. I’d lusted for one but I just never got it to feel great on my Sentinel. Switched back to air.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Just got off the phone with GG, seems they wont sell a frame without a shock, kinda weird but oh well, wonder wich one will have the best resell value.
If you aren't interested in trying the 11.6 I'd say the cheapest shock they have. Do you even know if the Ohlins will physically fit in the frame without issues?

@marshalolson ... @mtg ... have you guys tried this Ohlins configuration?

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
Been following in there but wasnt sure actual GG peeps were in there on a regular basis.
Yep, myself and @marshalolson (Marketing Director at GG) post in there regularly.

Ohlins have tuning info for GG bikes, FYI. Also, in the builder for the Gnarvana are Push shocks, and that's as good as it gets for performance and adjustability.

Welcome back, it's been a long time since you've posted on here.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Yep, myself and @marshalolson (Marketing Director at GG) post in there regularly.

Ohlins have tuning info for GG bikes, FYI. Also, in the builder for the Gnarvana are Push shocks, and that's as good as it gets for performance and adjustability.

Welcome back, it's been a long time since you've posted on here.
Props to ya for being in the mud with the rest of us, not too many manufactures contribute in the forums. I dig it.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
I do have a pedal bike still! Of course, I don't ride it: my belt drive drop bar commuter. The 1 kW commuter e-bike is much more fun.

Also have this coming springtime or so, preordered. For Trestle days.

Curious what made you choose full dh sled over a big enduro.
Is shuttling at that secret place in the hills behind that one town on i70 still a thing?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
It was shut down for a couple years now due to... NIMBY issues. They re-routed the bottom portion and I *think* it's back in business...
Well, there's that one after Lenawee. That one's uh... Yeah. Doesn't need a big bike, but would probably be fun with one.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Well, there's that one after Lenawee. That one's uh... Yeah. Doesn't need a big bike, but would probably be fun with one.
That one would be a BITCH getting a big bike to the top. That said... yeah - fun. :D
That one is rideable now without crossing the private land at the bottom.

Rode it during late summer with @Nick and others.

My 8 year old Lake MXZ303 shoes are a little too small and the boa lace is about to snap. Wife just authorized some new MXZ304's as a late addition to the festivus gifts.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
That one is rideable now without crossing the private land at the bottom.

Rode it during late summer with @Nick and others.

My 8 year old Lake MXZ303 shoes are a little too small and the boa lace is about to snap. Wife just authorized some new MXZ304's as a late addition to the festivus gifts.

I recently was pleased to discover that BOA shit has a lifetime warranty and getting a replacement is a pretty simple process.