Quantcast

"Ballpark" Fox DH40 and 36 pricing

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
James | Go-Ride said:
And Shmooperblow becomes Standard Oil of the bicycle industry and everybody loses, except for Mr Rockafeller
I dont lose, cause I just saved a couple hundred bucks. Go-Ride...Supergo...its all the same to me. Some people with a business trying to make money. I could care less who profits in the end as long as Im riding.
I hate all this crap about how smaller shops have some kind of soul. No offense, but WTF does that even mean? I just want to ride bikes and not be broke.

DH Dad said:
the people who take 6 months to put together this awesomely cheap bike but get "wholesale" prices in my mind are the ones that lose out since they're constantly searching and surfing for those deals while I'm out riding. Time costs money and I figure the additional time wasted searching for these deals costs more than the savings in the end.
This is only true to an extent. This list took me less than half an hour to put together, and I have a clear picture of what I can save. And, since most places these days offer "Price Matching", then I can simply choose the place I feel will give better service or who has these things in stock and get everything at one place, and save on shipping. :)

Jul 17, 2003
Salt Lake City
BurlySurly said:
I hate all this crap about how smaller shops have some kind of soul. /QUOTE]

I thought my monopoly doomsday prediction was going to be well received with a hearty round of laughter. Guess not. Anyway we don't need sould because we have this really cool coffee maker that is ALSO an espresso maker.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
James | Go-Ride said:
BurlySurly said:
I hate all this crap about how smaller shops have some kind of soul. /QUOTE]

I thought my monopoly doomsday prediction was going to be well received with a hearty round of laughter. Guess not. Anyway we don't need sould because we have this really cool coffee maker that is ALSO an espresso maker.
didn't go to the show either huh?

jwiffle

Chimp
Sep 7, 2004
Kornphlake said:
if shops like performance don't really see their own profit directly why are shop managers and general sales people so unwilling to make deals, except on items with advetised specials that aren't marked on the product playing off of customer's ignorance?
Places like Performance are run corporately; sales associates and even managers don't have authority to "make deals." Performance already offers low prices and price matches, people shouldn't expect "deals." It is very annoying when customers hound me for a deal--I would if I could, but I can't. So it is not "unwillingness" like you so ignorantly state, but simple facts- price is set. People don't expect "deals" at Walmart, they just pay the listed price; they shouldn't expect it any different at a bike shop.