Quantcast

Bash ring replacement

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
How often do you replace your bash rings? Mine is looking pretty beat up. It's got so many knicks in it, it's starting to resemble an actual ring. :p Do they weaken much as they get more and more beat up? Mine still seems to be functioning just fine....no serious dents and it's not bent. Just wondering.

I am going on two years now with my Ring God.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
As long as it works and isn't bent enough to get in the way. I used a grinder on old Ring God a while back because it had gotten some real sharp parts to it. I smoothed out to sharp bits and it was as good as nearly new.

One of the reasons I switched to the Evil guide was the fact it can't get real sharp.

Systems

Chimp
Apr 15, 2004
i only replace mine when the chain hits in the big gear...othr than that, just file it smooth and repaint it.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i just replaced my evil bashring this winter, after rocking it for a solid year.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
How often do you replace your bash rings? Mine is looking pretty beat up. It's got so many knicks in it, it's starting to resemble an actual ring. :p Do they weaken much as they get more and more beat up? Mine still seems to be functioning just fine....no serious dents and it's not bent. Just wondering.

I am going on two years now with my Ring God.
Did you ever replace this?