Quantcast

Bass Lake

Lucee

govenor
Jan 16, 2002
nor cal
Who would be interested in checking out some other trails in the area? Much funner than the race. There's a sick trail near a friend's house. Kinda short, but big on huge ruts/jumps.

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
Originally posted by Lucee
Who would be interested in checking out some other trails in the area? Much funner than the race. There's a sick trail near a friend's house. Kinda short, but big on huge ruts/jumps.
Where is that at?

Lucee

govenor
Jan 16, 2002
nor cal
Originally posted by Damn True
....and the 007 for that matter.

Is the Keysville classice the same as Bass Lake?
I'm not sure, I was on the southern sierra site the other day, & couldn't find a date for Keyesville. I hope not! Are you gonna come ride w/us??
You missed out on a good day on sat. It was hella fun! And, demo the next day rocked as well.

Lucee

govenor
Jan 16, 2002
nor cal
Originally posted by Damn True
....and the 007 for that matter.

Is the Keysville classice the same as Bass Lake?
I think I misunderstood. Bass Lake is the same as 007. I thought you were asking if it was the same w/end.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Yo Lucee.... About where is the trail?
I went back to the area a few weeks after the race w/ my friend, and we rode uhh.... 3 other trails in the area.

One was just outa Oakhurst heading towards Yosemite (instead of taking that Right turn and going towards the 007 course/lake

Then another was about half way (along the lake) to the 007 trail. (Very fun w/ a really cool stream w/ big waterfalls on your right)
Then one last one on the hill on the OTHER side of the lake from the 007 run.

Was it any of these? (like you will be able to tell from my LAME desc.)

Lucee

govenor
Jan 16, 2002
nor cal
I'm almost positive that the race will be 4/14.
Yeah, BB, I'm having a hard time w/your description.
The one w/the waterfalls sounds like Willow Creek, kinda rocky on top? With a flat section to a little climbing? All singletrack??
The other one may have been Goat Mtn. That's all singletrack as well. I dunno....
But, then there's a really cool dh near a friend's house. Super fast, w/huge ruts, but it's not very long.

-BB-

Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
I'm almost positive that the race will be 4/14.
Yeah, BB, I'm having a hard time w/your description.
The one w/the waterfalls sounds like Willow Creek, kinda rocky on top? With a flat section to a little climbing? All singletrack??
The other one may have been Goat Mtn. That's all singletrack as well. I dunno....
But, then there's a really cool dh near a friend's house. Super fast, w/huge ruts, but it's not very long.
WOW... you got them BOTH right.
Goat is across the lake from 007
Willow Creek has a few nice rocky parts next to the Creek and is half way down the lake.
The last one is on the 41 (or 49 or whatever that road is.)

how sure are you of the dates?

Lucee

govenor
Jan 16, 2002
nor cal
Originally posted by -BB-

WOW... you got them BOTH right.
Goat is across the lake from 007
Willow Creek has a few nice rocky parts next to the Creek and is half way down the lake.
The last one is on the 41 (or 49 or whatever that road is.)

how sure are you of the dates?
On 41?? Cheap 'o' saddle, maybe?? That's fun, but mostly fire road. And, 49 is actually more towards Mariposa. Where you in Oakhurst still??
And, I would say I'm about 95% sure of the dates. But, I'll try & remember to call Russ & confirm.

-BB-

Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.

On 41?? Cheap 'o' saddle, maybe?? That's fun, but mostly fire road. And, 49 is actually more towards Mariposa. Where you in Oakhurst still??
And, I would say I'm about 95% sure of the dates. But, I'll try & remember to call Russ & confirm.
Yeah... you head outa Oakhurst on the 41 north towards Yosemitie, then instead of going right on the 222, you keep going up another 2-3 miles.

Lucee

govenor
Jan 16, 2002
nor cal

Yeah... you head outta Oakhurst on the 41 north towards Yosemite, then instead of going right on the 222, you keep going up another 2-3 miles.
Oh!! Well, if you turned right after the 3mi. that was Lewis Creek, which has kick arse waterfalls as well. If you did the lower section, you would know. It's gotta hella tight rocky switchbacks. Seriously not for the novice. The top section is singletrack as well, but more rollers & not as tech. Does that sound familiar?
If you head up 41 more, you can go to Miami Trails which is a network of singletrack. Rocks da house, but way too dusty in the summertime. That should be pretty tacky around race time.

-BB-

Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.

Oh!! Well, if you turned right after the 3mi. that was Lewis Creek, which has kick arse waterfalls as well. If you did the lower section, you would know. It's gotta hella tight rocky switchbacks. Seriously not for the novice. The top section is singletrack as well, but more rollers & not as tech. Does that sound familiar?
If you head up 41 more, you can go to Miami Trails which is a network of singletrack. Rocks da house, but way too dusty in the summertime. That should be pretty tacky around race time.
Yup... that sounds like it.
I didn't actually ride that one, I was the Driver.

Lucee

govenor
Jan 16, 2002
nor cal

Yup... that sounds like it.
I didn't actually ride that one, I was the Driver.
Too bad, you missed out on a fun one. Next time. Thanks for correcting the date for 007:)