Quantcast

Beacon this weekend?

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
any body wana show me and a few others around the trails at beacon this weekend, im open friday through sunday but saterday most likly. ive riden beacon once befor but dont really remeber all the trails, loking for mainly DH FR stuff. so monkey up and show the goods. :brows:

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
well, the beacon trip was a awsome, no rain and it was sunny the dirt was tacky and no crashes at all, i got to meet arboc and his new dirtbag and the big gap double at the bottem of the hill is supper fun, for those that dident ride you really missed a good time.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
i went up today, its a bit wet, but no standing water on the trail. the weather has been rather bipolar lately, but things are looking good for the weekend.

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
well, the beacon trip was a awsome, no rain and it was sunny the dirt was tacky and no crashes at all, i got to meet arboc and his new dirtbag and the big gap double at the bottem of the hill is supper fun, for those that dident ride you really missed a good time.
:picsstfu:

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
i dont think a date has been set. it is likely to be put on by the boys at butler, which is a shame, because the wheelsport crew is gonna clean house. so i would say call them (509) 328-7475

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
As far as I'm concerned, there will be a second annual Beacon Blowout. Of course I have not talked with Eric yet, but sometime after the first of the year there will be a 'meeting of the minds' with Tim, Eric, Gino and myself I'm sure.

I would like to see it expanded to at least two (maybe three?) dates this year. We need a season-ender in the Fall to wrap things up on a good note. I'm thinking of an around-Halloween event complete with prizes for costume. Angel Fire (NM) does something like that every year and it sounds like a blast.

I'm going to work on Tim too to resurrect the St. Valentine's Day Mtn Bike Massacre snow race at 49 Deg. North. Stay tuned . . . .

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
^^ dude 2-3 beacon races would be killer, have it be series? or. . , series finale as state championships? but not if its in fall. . .
Agreed - - State Championship should not be in the Fall after the National Championships. Finale I have in mind would be more of a fun thing; one last hurrah before the hill gets socked in with snow and gunk.

For a true series, it would be cool to pool existing races into some sort of NW Cup: A Beacon race, one of Petr's at Mt Hood, a Wild Rockies one that swings far enough west and maybe a Silver Mtn. one too. Pts from each culminating in a finale back in Spokane?

ChelanDHer

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Lynnwood, WA
A PNW series would be excellent. While the WIM series satisfied the "series" aspect, the courses left a little to be desired. Nonetheless, I'd support a good series with even better courses.

ftlrider

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Spokane
I went this Thursday and there's still snow. We need some rain to get rid of all the snow. Its supposed to be warmer two weeks from now.

Feb 23, 2005
Spokanada
Zipper was going off on Sunday, that was good work fellas.

The snow is all gone for now.

The rest of beacon is a little saucey right now, going to take a few days of sun to firm things back up. Ill be out there this weekend again.

Oh, and if you guys need any help with trailwork drop me a PM and Ill come lend a hand.