Quantcast

"Beating a political stake in your black heart will be the fulfillment of my life ...

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
this could all have been prevented with a perfunctory abortion 25 years ago.

clancy98

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
pounding a stake into your black heart...

Is this what the FAITH and FREEDOM bus brings 'round these days?

jmvar

Monkey
Aug 16, 2002
"It was a funny angle!"
N8 said:
I'm sure her son really appreciates her actions seeing as he wanted to be over there fighting with his buddies.
If this kid had all the info that has come out now do you think he would still "want to be over there fighting with his buddies"? You make it sound like a paintball game.

Let's see some dignified responces to this thread from pro war Monkies and then you can ridicule a woman who burried her son.

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118289

On another note, I would be interested to know what her stance was prior to her son shipping out.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
jmvar said:
If this kid had all the info that has come out now do you think he would still "want to be over there fighting with his buddies"? You make it sound like a paintball game.

Let's see some dignified responces to this thread from pro war Monkies and then you can ridicule a woman who burried her son.

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118289

On another note, I would be interested to know what her stance was prior to her son shipping out.
While N8 does make war seem like a paintball game or a video game, I have to disagree with you on your first point. My reasoning is this: The U.S. Armed Forces are all volunteer. No one forced the kid into joining. In addition it is very well known what the primary job of a soldier is: to fight a war in one capacity or another. If you do not want to go to combat, do not join the service. If you join the service you have to realize that there is a chance you may find yourself in a combat situation.

But I would like to know what the lady's stance on the war was prior to her son being shipped to Iraq. Not that it would help her situation, I am just curious.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Ciaran said:
While N8 does make war seem like a paintball game or a video game, I have to disagree with you on your first point. My reasoning is this: The U.S. Armed Forces are all volunteer. No one forced the kid into joining. In addition it is very well known what the primary job of a soldier is: to fight a war in one capacity or another. If you do not want to go to combat, do not join the service. If you join the service you have to realize that there is a chance you may find yourself in a combat situation.

But I would like to know what the lady's stance on the war was prior to her son being shipped to Iraq. Not that it would help her situation, I am just curious.
Yyyyep.

MD

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Hell, Army recruiting ads make the military seem like a video game, but with college money!

Maybe they need disclaimers at the bottom like tobacco ads do so stupid people don't get all confused?

clancy98

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
hey I know its hard for most monkies to understand but SOME PEOPLE ACTUALLY WANT TO SERVE THEIR COUNTRY...

...and they even do it on purpose... They weren't tricked, lied to, or forced to because they were minorities or they couldn't get money for college anywhere... They just do it, because they want to.

and I think its pretty insulting to infer that everyone in the armed forces is just too dumb to know better...

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
clancy98 said:
hey I know its hard for most monkies to understand but SOME PEOPLE ACTUALLY WANT TO SERVE THEIR COUNTRY...

...and they even do it on purpose... They weren't tricked, lied to, or forced to because they were minorities or they couldn't get money for college anywhere... They just do it, because they want to.

and I think its pretty insulting to infer that everyone in the armed forces is just too dumb to know better...
Yeah, but in contrast, and to amend my 'yyep' to Ciaran above, I was always AMAZED to see, in person, how many people really didn't think about what they were doing when they joined the military. I worked at a place where we trained medic-types to accompany ground combat forces, and you'd see people FREAKING OUT that they actually had to hold and fire (not even accurately) a gun. Partly in the small sense (I'm so scared of the big bang!), and partly in the sense of "oh, ****, I might actually go to that war over there."

I truly do think (well, know, really) that recruiters reassure people that "oh, you're going to be a diesel mechanic, not a fighter!" without mentioning that they need diesel mechanics in combat zones. So you do get a lot of stupid people-too stupid to look before they leap-who DON'T have any concept of patriotic service (when it counts) in the military. You want to be a diesel tech? Go to DeVry. Want to serve the country under arms? Join the military.

MD

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
clancy98 said:
while i agree these people do exist, they're usually the pricks or psychos me & my mates avoided (obviously, i served proudly in the chair force). i joined like most of the guys i knew: needed $$$ for college / escape a bad scene at home / 4 yrs at NVCC to get a "degree". I s'pose for other branches there's: go kill some browns / judge gave me a choice / the mill closed down / mary lou went & got pregnant again
clancy98 said:
true, kerry served in vietnam (didja hear?) & he was better than a D student.

clancy98

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
$tinkle said:
true, kerry served in vietnam (didja hear?) & he was better than a D student.
then he must be a prick and a psycho. How ****ing condescending can you be? How completely insulting for you to read that post and then in response say, "Well, anyone that wasn't tricked into the military is a prick and a psycho" Well One of my close friends and my cousin's husband are over there because they felt it was their duty. But thanks for ****ing insulting two loyal and patriotic people whom you've never met before.

What a piece of garbage. Learn to respect something before you die. You and your mates feel free to park your asses while someone else does the work you ****ing ****smear.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
clancy98 said:
then he must be a prick and a psycho. How ****ing condescending can you be? How completely insulting for you to read that post and then in response say, "Well, anyone that wasn't tricked into the military is a prick and a psycho" Well One of my close friends and my cousin's husband are over there because they felt it was their duty. But thanks for ****ing insulting two loyal and patriotic people whom you've never met before.

What a piece of garbage. Learn to respect something before you die. You and your mates feel free to park your asses while someone else does the work you ****ing ****smear.
you all done, princess? good. understand my post was a peek inside the air force contingent of the military, who make up - what - 1% of of boots on the ground? "chair force" was a subtle hint at my self-deprecation.

on a side note, your frothing chops are in fine working order!

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
$tinkle said:
you all done, princess? good. understand my post was a peek inside the air force contingent of the military, who make up - what - 1% of of boots on the ground? "chair force" was a subtle hint at my self-deprecation.

on a side note, your frothing chops are in fine working order!
I think the Ted avatar must have sneaked under the radar. :)

clancy98

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
$tinkle said:
peek inside the air force contingent of the military, who make up - what - 1% of of boots on the ground?
funny, sounded like a blanket statement to me, but go ahead a justify it. **** you anyways

edit: forgot, you're a douche. Hope you crash your chair.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
clancy98 said:
funny, sounded like a blanket statement to me, but go ahead a justify it. **** you anyways

edit: forgot, you're a douche. Hope you crash your chair.
linked from your sig
Despite what the Pentagon wants you to believe, Uncle Joe was a murdering, jackbooted fascist - but I honor and respect his service to our county. Thank Goddess I stumbled upon his grave as I was hunting for mushrooms at the National Cemetary last Monday, or I never would have known the crazy old geezer had croaked. It was all I could do to keep from posting about how Bush took my beloved Uncle from me and then concealed his death in order to draw attention away from his pre-planned and headlong rush to war, but Memorial Day is not the time for partisan bickering. If only for one day out of the year, Americans must put aside their political differences and pay respect to those who died on the altar of U.S. imperialism - mostly poor, inner-city black kids who were pressed into service by wealthy chickenhawks; human cannon fodder for illegal and immoral wars waged for the express purpose of advancing U.S. hegemony abroad. No, we must resist the temptation to expose the solemn holiday for what the necons have turned it into: one great big, flag-waving jingopalooza, exclusive to people with yellow ribbons on the back of their SUV's and respect for the armed forces.
cumclot; hope you wreck your carbon fiber douglass

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
$tinkle said:
linked from your sigcumclot; hope you wreck your carbon fiber douglass
Ummmmmm...El Stinko....hate to get in the middle of a frother fight....but......sh*t what am I doing.....go get 'im Stinko....he's a turtle eating alderman.....bwahahahahaha...

clancy98

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
Cover of Nas' Illmatic CD -- 1994. All my av's are usually music or "The Neverending Story" related: last one was from the Black Keys' Thickfreakness.... Before that was the Gmork.

On a side note, since we are exploring links from our sigs -- here are a few choice links from the $tink:

www.liberaloasis.com

www.Left2Right.typepad.com

http://www.rosie.com/ (yep thats the rosie you're thinkin)

www.moveon.org

(okay, the last one was just for my amusement)

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Sorry Clancy of the Overflow I'm still laughing that El Stinko thought "warrior poets" was serious. That's funny.
BTW- you frother wanker. Sorry that just slipped out. ;)

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
clancy98 said:
On a side note, since we are exploring links from our sigs -- here are a few choice links from the $tink:

www.liberaloasis.com
www.Left2Right.typepad.com
http://www.rosie.com/ (yep thats the rosie you're thinkin)
www.moveon.org

(okay, the last one was just for my amusement)
plainly, you are able to recognize that we both purposefully have links which are antithetical to our mindsets/philosophies. i quoted yours to point out sarcasm doesn't need justification, as you implied mine did.

all better, buttercup?

clancy98

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
sure you did $tink... plainly my a$$. you spoke before you looked. I dont think you should post on this thread anymore, save yourself the embarrassment, I mean, WWTKD?