Quantcast

Beer Time......................

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Agggghhh! Not being 21 sucks! I want a nice beer! I've got a nice set of pint glasses and nothing to fill them with......goal this weekend,find some Firestone or other nice Ale.

That looks tasty :angry:

The Ito

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Ohhh man, Long Trail is great. Never tried the particular one you have there, but I've had the Hibernator, Long Trail Ale, Hit the Trail, Blackberry Wheat and the IPA. Liked them all. I've passed the Long Trail brewery a while back on the way to a race and wanted so badly to stop in.

Ever try any Otter Creek/Wolavers stuff? They make quite a variety and most are very good. It's brewed in Middlebury so they have a pretty nice store (with lots of cheap beer) about 5 minutes from me.

skyst3alth

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Denver, CO
Oh my god, Longtrail DoubleBag, my all time favorite beer. EVER

You lucky son of a bitch.

8 more months yesterday until i can buy that on my own. ;)

-Adam

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
JRogers said:
Ohhh man, Long Trail is great. Never tried the particular one you have there, but I've had the Hibernator, Long Trail Ale, Hit the Trail, Blackberry Wheat and the IPA. Liked them all. I've passed the Long Trail brewery a while back on the way to a race and wanted so badly to stop in.

Ever try any Otter Creek/Wolavers stuff? They make quite a variety and most are very good. It's brewed in Middlebury so they have a pretty nice store (with lots of cheap beer) about 5 minutes from me.
I've tried the Otter Creek. One of the guys I went to Kingdom Trails with had some. Personally, I think Long Trail is better, but both are good.

And you definitely need to stop at the Long Trail brewery the next time you are on Rte 4. Nothing like fresh Long Trail draft and a burger. :cool:

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
I havent gotten around to trying that yet, however I'd agree otter creek makes some good beers. I'm especially fond of the stovepipe porter.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
GumbaFish said:
I havent gotten around to trying that yet, however I'd agree otter creek makes some good beers. I'm especially fond of the stovepipe porter.
Word. That's the best one I've tried from them.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Drinking my first Double Bag now. Really, really good. Goes down much easier than I figured it would, given the flavor and the alcohol content.

Bought a 6er of Double Bag and one of Wolavers Oatmeal Stout as well. Partay.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
How is that wolavers oatmeal stout, I saw it but didn't buy any because it had a frightening word on it....organic. The only oatmeal stout I have tried thus far is Barney Flats oatmeal stout, and that was quite good indeed.